Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Re: Paclink from ultimarc please help  (Read 2189 times)

Jaquio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 29, 2020, 11:01:37 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Paclink from ultimarc please help
« on: September 30, 2017, 08:33:33 pm »
After finally getting the paclink to recognize, I can not nap the buttons for the Xbox input. I go onto the software and it says gamepad enabled NO although the led is lit for players 1 and 2. I can't map the buttons though game pad is selected because Every time I click a button to map it goes back to keys. I wish Ultimarc had detailed instructions on their site for this. Please help, thanks.

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:04:24 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 11:56:05 am »
Did you do the very first thing the website says to do in its detailed instructions?

The I-PAC 2 board needs to be connected to a PC and the WinIPACV2 program run, and select the "config" tab, then check the "Enable Expansion Interface" check box and click "apply".

Also what software are you using?

Jaquio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 01:13:49 pm »
Did you do the very first thing the website says to do in its detailed instructions?

The I-PAC 2 board needs to be connected to a PC and the WinIPACV2 program run, and select the "config" tab, then check the "Enable Expansion Interface" check box and click "apply".

Yes I did follow the very detailed instructions as far as plugging in, enabling expansion etc.. When you ask about the software, which are you referring too? I am using winipac v2 with firmware version 1.44 on my board. My Paclinks ARE being detected as Player 1 and Player 2, it's just not letting me map the buttons. Everytime I click to map a button it changes back to keys and in the corner it says gamepad enabled NO. I tried to attach a screenshot but the file size is too big
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 01:15:59 pm by Jaquio »

Jaquio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 01:39:18 pm »

Here are some screenshots. I appreciate the help also.

Jaquio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 01:41:05 pm »

Here are some screenshots. I appreciate the help also.

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:04:24 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 02:54:59 pm »
So I found this on their website here : https://www.ultimarc.com/download.html

Versions without game controller (ie with keyboard and mouse support) have the first version digit as "4" eg 1.44.
Versions with game controller (ie with gamepad button, keyboard and mouse support) have the first version digit as "3" eg 1.34.

It might be that you need to downgrade the version of firmware.

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 03:00:34 pm »
I am also attempting to help this user via email.

There should not be many changes needed when setting up a panel with PacLink adaptors to a console or X-Input. Some changes will be needed though because there are not enough physical controls on an arcade panel to emulate all controls on a console controller so its necessary to think about which ones you can afford to lose.

Additional controls can be emulated using I-PAC shift functions (ie hold Start1 to generate a different control).

The most important reference is the table on this page: http://www.ultimarc.com/console.html

This shows what keycodes each I-PAC input needs to be assigned for, to generate each Xbox 360 control. Four modes are available which can be switched, but best to test on the default to start with.

Its also possible to test the X-Input response by opening Devices and Printers and right click on the Xbox 360 game controller devices and select "game controller properties"

All of the above assumes the panel, with I-PAC 2 is correctly wired and fully tested and working in standard keyboard mode on a PC first. Thats essential to avoid confusion when mapping to X-Input. The user here has just re-wired the panel and so we need to rewind back to the beginning and check this.

The presence of a game controller device (or not) in the I-PAC is not relevant here as the X-Input PacLink adaptors respond to keyboard keys not gamepad buttons.

Jaquio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 03:03:38 pm »
So I found this on their website here : https://www.ultimarc.com/download.html

Versions without game controller (ie with keyboard and mouse support) have the first version digit as "4" eg 1.44.
Versions with game controller (ie with gamepad button, keyboard and mouse support) have the first version digit as "3" eg 1.34.

It might be that you need to downgrade the version of firmware.

Why would they remove that feature on an upgrade, that's kinda backwards isn't it lol. How would I go about downgrading it?

Jaquio

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 03:20:41 pm »
I am also attempting to help this user via email.

There should not be many changes needed when setting up a panel with PacLink adaptors to a console or X-Input. Some changes will be needed though because there are not enough physical controls on an arcade panel to emulate all controls on a console controller so its necessary to think about which ones you can afford to lose.

Additional controls can be emulated using I-PAC shift functions (ie hold Start1 to generate a different control).

The most important reference is the table on this page: http://www.ultimarc.com/console.html

This shows what keycodes each I-PAC input needs to be assigned for, to generate each Xbox 360 control. Four modes are available which can be switched, but best to test on the default to start with.

Its also possible to test the X-Input response by opening Devices and Printers and right click on the Xbox 360 game controller devices and select "game controller properties"

All of the above assumes the panel, with I-PAC 2 is correctly wired and fully tested and working in standard keyboard mode on a PC first. Thats essential to avoid confusion when mapping to X-Input. The user here has just re-wired the panel and so we need to rewind back to the beginning and check this.

The presence of a game controller device (or not) in the I-PAC is not relevant here as the X-Input PacLink adaptors respond to keyboard keys not gamepad buttons.

The wiring is fine because I can still play what I played before I re-wired it to the new i-pac. I did test in the game controller properties and that's where the button presses were all over the place.