Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AMI Rowe R-81 plays the same song no matter what selection is made  (Read 2544 times)

Billy Ray

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2017, 05:22:31 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
AMI Rowe R-81 plays the same song no matter what selection is made
« on: September 26, 2017, 04:01:27 pm »
Trying to revive an old Rpwe R-81.  All the mechanics seem to be okay but no matter what number you select it goes back to the same song over and over.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Billy Ray

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: AMI Rowe R-81 plays the same song no matter what selection is made
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 11:37:39 am »
Hi Billy,

when you say no matter what record you play it goes back to the same song over and over again, you you mean it plays just this song or it plays the song you selected plus the repeted song?

If it plays the selected song plus the repeted song; the repeted song is burnt into the memory unit LSI chip and this song would always play as an additional record.

The LSI chip was deleted by Rowe Ami and Motorola who manufactured the custom chip in 1981.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

Billy Ray

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2017, 05:22:31 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: AMI Rowe R-81 plays the same song no matter what selection is made
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 09:14:07 am »
No, it goes to 200 and plays it.