Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime Arcade Cabinet - FINISHED  (Read 42161 times)

scoodidabop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:48:18 am
Re: Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime Arcade Cabinet - FINISHED
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2015, 07:11:46 pm »
Yeah. Works with keyboard, joystick and Xbox 360 without issues.  This is how all games should be.

Fired it up on my machine yesterday. Looks great (4:3) on a 27" monitor!

D

I wish Netherrealm (or whoever did the PC MKX port) would take notes on this.  So nice.

gbeef

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2018, 03:32:26 pm
    • arcadepix.com
« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2015, 12:01:03 pm »
Wow this cabinet turnout awesome!!!!..Hows the game play on a cabinet?

My cabs
4 Player Arcade
X-men Arcade Remixed
My Pin Cab Attack of the PINZ cab
My Racing Cabinet Cab [URL=http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2015, 11:21:23 pm »
Great cabinet!

I just picked up the game for 10$ on Steam.

Unfortunately, the joystick config doesn't seem to want to play well with my cabinet. It seems extremely sensitive when I map the sticks to players.

I did some poking around and the config seems to all be in a json format DAT file.

Anyone know of any specifics about how to configure this game beyond the basic settings UI?

I see in the json some settings for "dead" etc, that you can't set via the UI.

I'm thinking that might help my situation.

Or maybe you just setup joytokey and go that route?

SORHP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2024, 09:49:39 pm
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2015, 11:40:08 pm »
Just curious, what joystick and what encoder or hacked pad are you using?
Games: Super Punch Out, Fix It Felix Jr, DK, DKjr, DK3, PC10, UMK3, TRON, MS-Pac, Pac, Centipede (2x), Robotron, Galaga, Space Invaders, Street Fighter 2 CE, X-Men vs SF, BuckHunter HD, 2X Custom Vewlix, Custom Nintendo VS 3/4, Atomiswave

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2015, 09:29:27 am »
My cab has a couple of Ultrastick 360's for p1 and p2.

All the buttons are keys run through an IPAC4

The button assignments work fine, it's just the sticks that I'm having a problem with.

The issue is that I get "input" from a stick even when it's centered. I've used some stick diag utilities to check the sticks, calibrated them, etc. They're both not "exactly" centered when centered (the readings might be 32750 instead of 32768), but they're pretty close. And they work fine in Mame. That's why I'm thinking it's just a dead zone issue in Lovers.

And, alas, Lovers also seems to suffer from the "stick moving" problem that ControllerRemap solves for mame.

But that's an issue for another day

jlfreund

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2023, 06:26:07 pm
    • My project's blog
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2017, 09:51:18 pm »
The concept for the original Lovers game and the idea of putting it in a cabinet were both really innovative and well executed. 

This week, I was glad to discover the game is available in the Nintendo Switch store for $15 as a 1-4p couch co-op game.  It's great to see the devs are still supporting this title.  Checking their website, they even have nice tech blog posts discussing some of the work in Unity.

I tried the game on the PC 2 years ago, but thought the gameplay was too difficult with 1 player.  But yesterday, I got my family into a 4P game, and it was great!  On the "Casual" play setting, my family, with virtually no shmup experience were able to come up to speed by the end of the tutorial, and have fun.  It's much less frustrating to man 8 stations with 4 players.

Although I'd give it a 5/5, my main complaint is that it still takes too much mental energy to control your character inside the ship.  I'd much rather just select the next station and click GO (like directing one of the pets) rather than have to spend 10 seconds focused inside the ship to accurately walk around corridors and ladders each time I change stations.