Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRT TV Not Displaying Sony 29 inch + GTX 570  (Read 1734 times)

Newbie1971

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2017, 08:24:29 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
CRT TV Not Displaying Sony 29 inch + GTX 570
« on: September 23, 2017, 08:23:13 am »
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post as I am a bit stumped.

My Mame setup is planned to be:

Asus P77 motherboard

Asus GTX 570 Nvidia 1GB Video Card

Sony Wega 29 inch TV with component and Composite inputs (No VGA or S-Video)

I plugged everything in, as I installed W7 via spare monitor, but cannot get display on TV.

I dual screened it with an LED monitor to test resolution, but all I get on the tv is a scrambled mess.

I have tried different resolutions and refresh rates but no joy.

I am also using an HDMI to Component converter (not adapter) to the TV.

I already had the GTX 570 from an old upgrade from my main pc and thought I could also run other emu's on my name machine.

My main question is should I dump the graphics card and get an ATI card with S-Video or composite out, e.g HD3450 and use an s-video to composite cable adapter?

I'd be sticking with the cat tv if there is a way and rather drop the graphics card from the setup if needed.

This might be an obvious question for some, but would appreciate the advice.

Thanks

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: CRT TV Not Displaying Sony 29 inch + GTX 570
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 08:48:17 pm »
So, which model Wega do you have, and what resolution formats is it capable of? 1080i? 720P? Or only 15kHz/480i?

Next, which HDMI-to-component converter do you have? What resolutions does it accept, and what resolutions does it convert to or output?

Can you see the Wega/converter in windows? What does Windows call it? What resolutions does windows say it can deliver to that screen (before you try to add custom ones). You could try setting different video modes in windows and see if it affects things, if you haven't already. Use your LCD at the same time, but an extended desktop, not a cloned one. (I think you've already done this last bit, yes?)

I wrote a guide for connecting a Win7/10 PC to an old CRT a little while ago, that i try to keep up to date, but it focuses on 15kHz CRTs and emulation of older games. The above questions are not really covered, but it has answers to some of your other points.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/87668-A-guide-to-connecting-your-Windows-PC-to-an-SD-CRT-TV-PVM-or-Arcade-Monitor
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 02:24:19 am by buttersoft »