Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: On Off power idea  (Read 989 times)

southpaw13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 31, 2020, 05:11:18 pm
  • Whatever!
On Off power idea
« on: September 22, 2017, 10:52:45 pm »
I like to turn on my arcade without having to hit a switch to power on my Mame cab.  I have read many different ways to do this, but nothing worked good for my setup.  Right now my Mame cab has a pushbutton next to the cabinet on/off switch that has to be pushed to turn on the computer.   So I found a 12v multi function pulse relay that should work.  The 12V power adapter was $5 on Amazon, and the relay itself came from Ebay for $5.  So $10 total.  Basically, when the relay gets power, it counts down a few seconds and then sends a single pulse signal to my computer.  Then it also accepts a button push to reset the relay to properly turn the computer off before killing the power.  Pics attached.