Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Model 2 Emulator crashing when setting up Logitech Wingman Force GP  (Read 1684 times)

tylerwerrin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2022, 02:16:31 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi guys,

As the subject line says, whenever i try to map my Logitech Wingman Force GP wheel's Axis', the Model 2 emulator crashes. I've tried checking the boxes next to the Steering, Brake and Accelerator options under "Controls", and saving that selection, but if I double click on the selection itself, the emulator will immediately crash.

The steering seems to work fine for all of the driving games, however the brake and accelerator are the problem. The steering wheel works fine in MAME and other racing games.

Has anyone else had this problem or knows of a workaround?

I previously posted this in the "Software" section of the forum - the only solution offered up was having a single controller plugged in - i unplugged my trackball, but still no dice.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
Re: Model 2 Emulator crashing when setting up Logitech Wingman Force GP
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 10:51:10 pm »
I responded in the software forum, but welcome more feedback here.

Not mentioned here is that OP also has a GPwiz plugged in which shows up as a gamepad in windows.

tylerwerrin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2022, 02:16:31 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Model 2 Emulator crashing when setting up Logitech Wingman Force GP
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 03:07:56 am »
Thanks for the suggestion BadMouth - I'll give it a whirl tomorrow and see if that fixes it. Fingers crossed.