Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky Animation Editor unexpected patterns!  (Read 2021 times)

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
LEDBlinky Animation Editor unexpected patterns!
« on: September 19, 2017, 10:52:26 pm »
Hey All,
So I recently added a new feature to the LEDBlinky Animation Editor which displays an overview of the animations in a grid view (all controls across all frames). When I started viewing existing animations I was surprised to see some really interesting patterns. He are some examples...

Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

headkaze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
Re: LEDBlinky Animation Editor unexpected patterns!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 01:16:26 pm »
I created the default animations in Photoshop and wrote software to convert the png's into lwax format  ;D

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 02:37:14 pm »
I created the default animations in Photoshop and wrote software to convert the png's into lwax format  ;D

You're good, but are you that good lol!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:39:54 pm »
You're good, but are you that good lol!

I found it interesting how you converted the lwax's back into pixels not realizing the default ones were created using pixels in the first place  ;D

It makes sense to make the default ones in Photoshop though as they're not tied to any one button layout so that's why I made them that way. I should really make some colored ones at some point.

It might be cool to add png importing to your Animation Editor. Another feature would be to allow the user to select groups of LED's then apply different waveforms (like sine, triangle, square, and sawtooth) to lerp the colors in some some way. I also remember sending you some code for a classic plasma effect which looks great too. Not sure if you ever implemented the effect into LEDBlinky?

ZoOl007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 02, 2020, 12:03:38 pm
    • RGBcommander
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 02:30:44 am »
I'm interested in the plasma effect. So, if you feel like it you can always mail me that code.

PS: you don't happen to know how I can listen to all audio streams at once using alsa?
I want to make RGBcommander respond to audio. I had an equalizer and from that I could generate 00-FF's but  I only managed to listen to my own audio stream, not system wide.

Cheers

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 03:55:05 pm »
It makes sense to make the default ones in Photoshop though as they're not tied to any one button layout so that's why I made them that way. I should really make some colored ones at some point.

Colored animations would depend on the wiring. I'm guessing most common is to wire ports in sequence as R,G,B,R,G,B... etc, but you never know.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction