Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: help with Atom 15 and Asus 7750 bios not patcheable - Hook not possible error  (Read 460 times)

alex2005

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hello,

I just bought an Asus HD 7750 1GB DDR5 which I set up in my cabinet to be used with crtemudriver and Groovymame.
Everything works perfectly fine, so now I am on the step to flash the bios card with atom 15.
I used atom 15 1.3 and I am having this error:

Hook not possibe. Not enough blank space below 0xFFFF

I have seen other members with the same error tried with a similar card bios file and could get over it. So I tried with the Sapphire HD 7750 bios, which was patched successful, but then atiflash will not be able to flash it on my Asus card:

C:\atiflash_277>AtiFlash.exe -p 0 Sapphire.HD7750.1024.120611-mod.rom

Old SSID: 0435
New SSID: E231
SSID mismatched

ERROR: 0FL01

EDIT: at this point, I managed to flash the sapphire modified bios forcing it with -f parameter, but then my asus card does not display anything at 15khz. So I had to flash it back to my original bios.

Is there any way I can patch and load my Asus bios with Atom 15? I attach a screenshot and zip file containing my bios backup.

Many thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:12:48 pm by alex2005 »

Calamity

• Offline Offline
Hi alex2005,

The problem with your bios is it has a "DJH" block at the end, Asus cards usually have one, here it is taking up the room we need for the patch, so I've removed it and applied the patch manually. Give it a try.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead or pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

alex2005

• Offline Offline
Hi alex2005,

The problem with your bios is it has a "DJH" block at the end, Asus cards usually have one, here it is taking up the room we need for the patch, so I've removed it and applied the patch manually. Give it a try.

Thanks a lot Calamity, it works like a charm!!

I was about to try flashing other bios files I found on the forum, so your fix came just in perfect time!!

Awesome work and support, my Blast City really shines now :)

alex2005

• Offline Offline
Just so that I can clarify; so up to now we flashed the card to 15khz.
In case i need to reinstall windows 7 at some future point, will i be able to do that from the arcade monitor itself, i assume?
i can't access the bios for example to change the boot to USB device, since the bios i think its displayed at 1024x768, i get a black screen only.

and in such a case, do i need to reinstall the crtemudriver and go through vmmaker  again after each windows 7 reinstall?

from what i see what i should do is:

1. remove the asus card, and plug the pc to a standard vga monitor, access the bios through the internal vga card to enable boot via usb device
2. install windows 7 through the standard vga monitor.
3. once installed shut down, plug the asus card, reboot and go through crtemudriver and vmmaker setup again
4. reboot and change the vga boot to asus (which is 15khz)
5. enjoy :)

would these be the right steps?

thanks again! :)

josete2k

• Offline Offline
Hi alex2005,

Are all ASUS cards affected?

I have a 4350 that I want to atom15 flash in a near future...

Thanks in advance.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
would these be the right steps?

You can install W7 with a flashed card, and the whole process will be shown at 15 kHz.

In order to boot from usb or cd, just find the key you need to press to bring the boot menu, instead of entering bios setup.

Ironically, the only (big) obstacle will happen right once you install CRT Emudriver: by default the driver will start with a high resolution (e.g. 1024x768) causing your arcade monitor to loose sync and being potentially dangerous. The best you can do is to plug a PC monitor right after you press the button of the driver installer so when the process ends you have video to work with. After that, enable 15 kHz as usual and plug the arcade monitor back.
Steps to create a log:

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

Calamity

• Offline Offline
Steps to create a log:

josete2k

• Offline Offline
Thanks, I'll give a try.

Gracias, voy a probar.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31