Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: G27 - Kinda desperate here  (Read 411 times)

VillagePeople-YMCA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
G27 - Kinda desperate here
« on: September 16, 2017, 09:00:40 pm »
Hi!

This is my first post here. I stumbled on this forum after searching for the board I'm having problems with and found this topic, I so I decided to create an account here since there seems to be so many people who know about this stuff :D

So, to my problem.

I bought a G27 in 2015 and have been using it since then with no problems. But a week ago the encoder wheel broke, and when this happened a large piece of it got stuck inside the housing, managing to break the receiver , and when I tried to pull the housing case I broke the pins on the sender :/ Everything was stuck together, unfortunately. I can solder on a regular case, but the problem is that it literally ripped the pins from the receiver, there's nothing I can do to save them.

I have zero money to buy replacement parts, and since I live in "the woods" it would cost me too much to order them from the big cities nearby (120 Km).

So I'm here asking: can I build a replacement board at all? I noticed my Logitech MX310 has a similar concept (optical sensor), I was thinking I could build a similar board with the same functionality but made from a scrap mouse board.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 03:42:50 pm by VillagePeople-YMCA »

VillagePeople-YMCA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: G27 - Kinda desperate here
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 02:54:41 pm »
So I've looked into the board itself and decided to copy it's layout. It should be pretty easy to build, all I need now is an old ball mouse to use it's 3-pin infrared led and 4-pin receiver.

To make sure I got everything right (it's hard to see it), could anyone tell me if the layout bellow makes sense?

The purple part with stripes is the encoder disc (3D printed).
Red lines are the wires which will connect the components.
The brown thing I think is a resistor.
The green thing is a thermistor.

The layout I drew: https://i.imgur.com/WcIgdd7.jpg

Thanks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31