Software Support > GroovyMAME

emu4crt Mednafen mod - update 1.26.1

<< < (3/76) > >>

Guilt:

--- Quote from: silmalik on August 28, 2017, 05:58:00 pm ---I've put online a Mednafen mod: emu4crt, which support native resolutions for a "perfect" rendering.
It supports, for now, Saturn, Psx, Snes and Nes cores, on Windows 64bits

--- End quote ---

I believe I have found a glitch! If I launch "emu4crt.exe ffviii\game.m3u" I get native resolutions, but if I launch "emu4crt.exe -which_medium 1 ffviii\game.m3u" I get the emulator putting out native resolution while my screen is set to the super wide resolution dictated in my mednafen config (2560x240). In other words, I get the top half of the ps1 boot screen smashed down into the left fifth of my screen! There seems not to be a way around this; the resolution changes don't effect my modeline changes if I use which_medium. I wonder if other unusual commands have any effect!

silmalik:
Thank you Recapnation, those games seems perfect for test purpose.

--- Quote ---As I understand, any Mednafen GUI will do for your fork?

--- End quote ---

Yes, it should work, keeping in mind that the fork has:
 - restricted module list (PSX, SS, SNES and NES)
 - limited video options (no shaders)
 - has a new option native_resolution that no GUI is able to manage

--- Quote ---That's not true for Direct3D9Ex and up, where you can switch the full screen resolution without releasing the resources. Anyone has tested e.g. Megadrive's Sonic 2 in recent versions of GM? The progressive/interlaced mode change is absolutely seamless, at least on my machine, you only notice a slight warp on the background music (hopefully I'll figure out a way to avoid this too at some point). As far as I know OpenGL doesn't allow this, and wrapper APIs conceived to target both Direct3D and OpenGL implement a lower common denominator solution, making mode changes unnecesarily expensive.

--- End quote ---

Ok, good informations, thank you.
But I'm not, strictly speaking, a developper, and integrate a Direct3D9Ex rendering process in Mednafen is far beyond my competence.

silmalik:

--- Quote ---I believe I have found a glitch! If I launch "emu4crt.exe ffviii\game.m3u" I get native resolutions, but if I launch "emu4crt.exe -which_medium 1 ffviii\game.m3u" I get the emulator putting out native resolution while my screen is set to the super wide resolution dictated in my mednafen config (2560x240). In other words, I get the top half of the ps1 boot screen smashed down into the left fifth of my screen! There seems not to be a way around this; the resolution changes don't effect my modeline changes if I use which_medium. I wonder if other unusual commands have any effect!

--- End quote ---

The mod is very minimalistic, there is no reason why other options than videos should have been altered.

I don't reproduce the issue. I've tested the -which_medium option with different games and the resolution switched correctly.
Symptoms are like mednafen.exe is used instead of emu4crt.exe, if you are using a frontend, have a look to the settings.
I guess you are trying to launch FF8, which version in particular ? Could you attach the stdout.txt ?

Guilt:
Inexplicably, its not happening anymore. Never mind I guess?

EDIT: Got RocketLauncher working and suddenly life is even better. Like you said, no graphical glitches anymore (save the transition from BIOS to game on PSX). This is so close to perfect. I envy you.

silmalik:

--- Quote from: Guilt on September 04, 2017, 02:31:22 pm ---Inexplicably, its not happening anymore. Never mind I guess?

EDIT: Got RocketLauncher working and suddenly life is even better. Like you said, no graphical glitches anymore (save the transition from BIOS to game on PSX). This is so close to perfect. I envy you.

--- End quote ---

RocketLauncher needs too much work to just use it as a workaround. It is based on Autohotkey scripts and maybe the interesting functionnalities can be exported to make a lighter solution.

Yes, PSX bios transition is faulty, it will be better in the next build. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version