Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Is there anything similar to a set of plans for Sega Racing Cabinets?  (Read 2197 times)

fcobenitez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2022, 12:36:40 pm
Hello guys, after reading many threads here and enjoying YouTube videos of racing cabinets (and listening for Daytona USA soundtrack more times than I'd like to admit), I'm decided to build myself an arcade racing cabinet, multi game obviously.

As a Sega fan, I'm in love with the Sega racing cabinets, especially the 'generic' cabinets like Daytona USA, Sega Rally, Scud Race, Initial D and many more have used, I think for their standard editions.

The problem is that there seems to be no set of plans or at least general dimensions for these Sega cabs. The only post that I found that looked like it could help had all it's pictures down, so no use.

I want to built this cab from scratch, and yes I know that it would be much easier to find an used cab and MAME it, but the thing is that these cabs are nowhere to be found here, almost no real arcades are here anymore. I guess I can try and find one, and if I do I will ask for permission to take photos and measurements, too. If I can, I will share those 'plans' here, but if you guys with the real deal at home can help me, that would be awesome! I have Access to CNC router and waterjet machines, so It's definitely 'doable'.

Thanks guys

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
Re: Is there anything similar to a set of plans for Sega Racing Cabinets?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 09:50:52 pm »
Basic measurements are in the driving cab info thread stickied here in the driving cab subforum.   Those came from my converted Virtual on cab, so the seat riser is a couple inches taller than the driving cabs.  Otherwise, the dimensions are identical to an original Daytona or Sega Rally.