Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky Questions  (Read 3004 times)

SpyhunterUK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2017, 05:20:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
LEDBlinky Questions
« on: September 06, 2017, 08:23:20 am »
I am attempting to use LEDBliky with GameEx on my Arcade but have come across the following issues, if any one can help please.

I have followed the setup and have the LEDBlinky folder in the GameEx folder and it lights the controls upon startup into the menu system, etc so all appears well.

But when I attempt to run MAME or another emulator it does not light any controls, even though U have set the config to point to the correct fils or folders.  The 'Unknown Games' list is also empty, even though U have ran other emulators that should have been detected.
Once detected I know how to setup the default lights for those emulators (from the tutorial videos, etc).

Also, in MAME is their an easy way to change/setup the controls JUST for Car Games (that use wheel/spinner) or Trackball games without affecting the other game setup controls?

Thanks,

Neil

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 09:39:29 pm »
If LEBlinky is not lighting any controls for any emulator (and you have the "Light Game Controls" option enabled), then I would guess that something is not configured correctly with GameEx. Turn on the Debug Log option and run GameEx and a few games. Then you can check the debug.log (open with any text editor) and look for GAME_START events. If you don't see any then GameEx is somehow not configured correctly for LEDBlinky. If you are seeing GAME_START events in the log, then email me the debug.ZIP file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

SpyhunterUK

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 05:25:05 am »
Thanks.  The tick had 'unticked' itself in GameEx window/options in LEDBlinky. 

All appears fine apart from when running MAME games it doesnt light up the Insert Coin button (Does the controls (1 button) and Start for Player 1 nd 2 but not Insert coin or Buttons 2,3)

Also when running other emulators/games, LEDBlinky does not show 'Import other games' list at all - it is blank?

Also, is there an easier way to setup all the MAME Car games and spinner games for use of my spinner(s) easily?  Same for all MAME Trackball games?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 06:56:21 am »
Thanks.  The tick had 'unticked' itself in GameEx window/options in LEDBlinky. 

All appears fine apart from when running MAME games it doesnt light up the Insert Coin button (Does the controls (1 button) and Start for Player 1 nd 2 but not Insert coin or Buttons 2,3)
Do you have the "Light Player Start and Coin Buttons" option checked on the Game Options tab?

Also when running other emulators/games, LEDBlinky does not show 'Import other games' list at all - it is blank?
On the Misc Options tab, make sure you have "Save Unknown Games" checked.

Also, is there an easier way to setup all the MAME Car games and spinner games for use of my spinner(s) easily?  Same for all MAME Trackball games?
You'll need to be more specific here, not sure what you're asking? Do you want your spinner and trackball to light up? If so, this support link may help: http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#LightTBJoy
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

SpyhunterUK

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 03:57:53 am »
It appears I had a animation file selected for the Menu Idle so it kept switching off the tick box under GameEx (FE) options.

I have the LED controls working now with 1 and 2 player games.  Will test MAME and let you know after I check the settings for each button within LEDBlinky linked to MAME.

It also detects the other games/emulators now.  Thanks.

My question regarding the MAME arcde controls is that is there a way to change just the car racing game controls to the Spinner, etc and Breakout clons etc easily without going into each game and setting the controls.  If I went into say Outrun and set Spinner to X/Y Axis, etc (what would need to be set for the wheel to control the car) and set for all games would it only set it for games that use the spinner controls?  I dont want to set it for games such as 1942 and have the spinner be used?  Hop that makes sense?!

Thanks.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 03:38:19 pm »
My question regarding the MAME arcde controls is that is there a way to change just the car racing game controls to the Spinner, etc and Breakout clons etc easily without going into each game and setting the controls.  If I went into say Outrun and set Spinner to X/Y Axis, etc (what would need to be set for the wheel to control the car) and set for all games would it only set it for games that use the spinner controls?  I dont want to set it for games such as 1942 and have the spinner be used?  Hop that makes sense?!

Are you asking how to configure MAME controls - if so, I can't really help with that. As for LEDBlinky, it uses the mame .cfg files to determine which controls are used by each ROM, so if you changed the mame config for one or more ROMs, then LEDBlinky will automatically handle it.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Moksi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2024, 01:12:43 pm
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 01:56:17 pm »
Do you need to have Ledblinky & led buttons installed in order for HyperSpeech to work with HyperSpin ?
i have hyperspeech in the hyperspin folder

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 03:19:27 pm »
Do you need to have Ledblinky & led buttons installed in order for HyperSpeech to work with HyperSpin ?
i have hyperspeech in the hyperspin folder

LEDBlinky has nothing to do with HyperSpeech. If you're having problems with HyperSpeech I'd suggest posting in the HS forums - more likely they'll be able to help :)
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction