Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New member, new to cabinet design, first build coming..  (Read 9916 times)

Ond

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 11:41:19 pm
Re: New member, new to cabinet design, first build coming..
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2018, 05:42:10 pm »
Welcome to the club.  This is a good first build, you've no doubt learned quite a few things along the way.  Some interesting feedback in the paint debate as well.  :cheers:

Ian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2018, 11:58:49 pm »
Welcome to the club.  This is a good first build, you've no doubt learned quite a few things along the way.  Some interesting feedback in the paint debate as well.  :cheers:

Yeah, if I remember correctly Ond you are big into the automotive finishes... those are fantastic and lay out so so nice.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Ond

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 11:41:19 pm
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2018, 05:05:37 am »

Yeah, if I remember correctly Ond you are big into the automotive finishes... those are fantastic and lay out so so nice.

Yep the automotive paints and primer just go really well with products like Bondo etc.  Plus when you wet sand and polish they come up great.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:48:25 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2018, 01:40:52 pm »

Yep the automotive paints and primer just go really well with products like Bondo etc.  Plus when you wet sand and polish they come up great.

Jennifer taught me the value of wet sanding. I’m forever grateful.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***