Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I-PAC + Coin Door question  (Read 4040 times)

justmariobros

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2017, 08:18:40 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I-PAC + Coin Door question
« on: September 04, 2017, 09:59:07 pm »
Hello everyone, I am new here so please be patient :)

I am nearing the beginning of my arcade build/project and had a quick question for you guys. Is it possible to use the I-PAC in combination with a Coin Door to open Hyperspin? I'd like to keep my coin buttons for in-game use, so instead I would like the coin door to only handle opening the front end software.

Thanks!

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:41:27 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: I-PAC + Coin Door question
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 01:19:26 am »
That makes no sense.

You have the front end open at bootup.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 01:52:09 am »
Also wtf are you talking about?  Do you mean a "door open" switch?  The coin switches themselves?  Why would having coin switches interfere with operating the machine? 

Are you one of those guys trying to trick people into making mame cab software so you can put a machine in retail setting?  We get really annoyed by those guys. 

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 03:48:57 am »
If I understand your question correctly what you want to do is possible.

But why!?

It makes no sense!

justmariobros

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 07:17:31 am »
I really don't understand the hostility. What a mistake this was.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 02:05:49 pm »
No hostility, just does not make sense!
What is the point in using a coin door to start a front end? Even more confusing why not use the coin door to insert credits as it is designed instead of buttons??

justmariobros

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 07:29:23 pm »
Because I'm trying new things with my system? Because I want to customize my machine? Why does it bother people what I do with my setup? I am asking for help, if you cannot help that is fine but I really don't understand the "reactions" here.

Let's move along now, a different forum helped me out without judgement.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:41:27 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
I-PAC + Coin Door question
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 08:18:57 pm »
Because I'm trying new things with my system? Because I want to customize my machine? Why does it bother people what I do with my setup? I am asking for help, if you cannot help that is fine but I really don't understand the "reactions" here.

Nobody's passing judgment on you, it's just that what you asked for seemed pretty illogical. I'm glad you got it figured out. If it works for you....
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Thenasty

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:52:08 pm
    • Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical monitor setup.
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 10:15:58 pm »

Could you post your result here so when someone else ask the same thing, we have a record to how it's done. T.Y.
Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical setup.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=26696.0

Free VGA Breakout Cable
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=38228.0

Ultimate All in One Coin Mech write up (Make your own)
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=19200.0

justmariobros

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 01:38:11 pm »
Nobody's passing judgment on you, it's just that what you asked for seemed pretty illogical. I'm glad you got it figured out. If it works for you....

Except for the part where a member here assumed the worst in me (Howard_Casto). It seems to me rather illogical to assume something doesn't make any logical sense even though you have been provided with zero context for the purpose or use of my idea. I know you don't see anything wrong here because you contributed to it, but the reality is that this is no way to welcome a new member to a forum.

Could you post your result here so when someone else ask the same thing, we have a record to how it's done. T.Y.

I know this is going to sound petty but I would much rather contribute to the community that helped me out rather than this. I mean, how could something so illogical be of any use to anyone around here? Am I right, guys?

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 03:36:45 pm »

Except for the part where a member here assumed the worst in me (Howard_Casto). It seems to me rather illogical to assume something doesn't make any logical sense even though you have been provided with zero context for the purpose or use of my idea. I know you don't see anything wrong here because you contributed to it, but the reality is that this is no way to welcome a new member to a forum.

I know this is going to sound petty but I would much rather contribute to the community that helped me out rather than this. I mean, how could something so illogical be of any use to anyone around here? Am I right, guys?

Admittedly Howard was a bit abrupt but it is a fair thought process.
We dont help people to make money illegally on here so we cant just tell you something like that.

You say we had no context but that is because you provided none even when asked why.
If you told us we could tell you the best way to achieve your goal or give other better ideas.

Your choice really dude, there are some very clever and experienced guys round here.
Stick around, dont be so defensive and learn from them.

Or dont.

Your call.

justmariobros

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 05:16:48 pm »
Admittedly Howard was a bit abrupt but it is a fair thought process.
We dont help people to make money illegally on here so we cant just tell you something like that.

You say we had no context but that is because you provided none even when asked why.
If you told us we could tell you the best way to achieve your goal or give other better ideas.

Your choice really dude, there are some very clever and experienced guys round here.
Stick around, dont be so defensive and learn from them.

Or dont.

Your call.

Assuming I am trying to get help in scamming people or something similar is NOT a good way to start a conversation with anyone. It is a good idea to watch out for people up to no good but what does it matter if in the process you treat people guilty until proven innocent to begin with?

Anyway, there's no use in beating around the bush. I could have been told how to achieve my goal and later continued a conversation about the how/what/why of my project. Expecting me to have that conversation when the very first form of contact is ... this, I think it's safe to say that isn't fair.

Of course I will stick around and learn what I can from those willing to help, only from this point on I need to remember the kind of members you have here. These kinds of communities (online forums) tend to become very elitist and tribe mentality after reaching a certain amount of success/growth. For example, assuming I'm just another guy up to no good out of a necessity to protect something.

It's not that big of a deal, I figured it out in a day and life goes on, but it is comical to continue to pretend like the only thing that happened here is me asking an illogical question.

Scassidy24

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2023, 11:56:34 am
  • I love my Nostalgia Machine
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,150379.0.html
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 07:16:33 pm »
You guys have too much time on your hands lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justmariobros

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 08:41:12 pm »
I'd say about a total of 10 minutes worth of reading and replying. But I get it, most people don't like too many words on the screen at one time.

lisowskikevin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:49:55 pm
  • If you take shortcuts, you get cut short.
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 09:32:55 pm »

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 04:05:21 am »
Its usually good practice to introduce yourself to a new community and tell a little about yourself to but again its your call.

At the end of the day when you ask for help information is king and the more the merrier.

justmariobros

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 05:24:04 am »
Its usually good practice to introduce yourself to a new community and tell a little about yourself to but again its your call.

At the end of the day when you ask for help information is king and the more the merrier.

you win

+1up for effort.