Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Asus A7N8X-VM Processor  (Read 4196 times)

jokerz4fun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2022, 06:00:32 pm
  • Im surprised I haven't electrocuted myself yet.
Asus A7N8X-VM Processor
« on: September 03, 2017, 02:15:23 pm »
The processor that came with my ASUS board is bad. Do you have any suggestions on a good replacment for the AMD Geode NX 1750(socket A)? It will be going into a ION EVO (2007)

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Asus A7N8X-VM Processor
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 09:21:21 pm »
really any socket a (socket 462) in the 1.2 and up ghz range will work... this main issue you are going to have is heat. the geode CPU has a 25 watt TDP. any duron or athlon in the same ghz range is going to be 70 watts.

I may have some geode CPU's kicking around. let me check my pile tomorrow and see what I have.

jokerz4fun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 08:08:43 pm »
Thank you. I have a spare and swapped out the heat sink for a low profile copper one. It works much better. My new issue is i keep getting error #8 when i try to reinstall the software.  I've tried different hard drives and ribbon cables but nothing works. I think I have a corrupt version of ion 2012 software. That's what I get from downloading it from another site.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 10:57:07 pm »
this is going to sound weird...but... insert your CD and then flip the drive upside down (or even on it's side) sometimes that can change the focus of the laser enough to read if it's a read issue.

software can be weird sometimes. I think I have an image of 2012 uploaded somewhere.

jokerz4fun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 08:38:18 am »
Thats a good idea! Ill try that and let you know what happens.

jokerz4fun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 10:16:40 am »
Well I tried it but I still got the error #8. Its always around the same percentage complete, 33 or 34%.

orizzle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2020, 07:20:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 02:01:42 pm »
do you have a usb to ide adapter? I could send you an image of my drive you could write

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:19:34 am
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 05:55:03 pm »
If you think its the .iso files you downloaded, i have 2012 .iso's that i know for fact are good. Just tell me where you want me to upload them to.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:19:34 am
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 08:14:26 pm »
Thank you. I have a spare and swapped out the heat sink for a low profile copper one. It works much better. My new issue is i keep getting error #8 when i try to reinstall the software.  I've tried different hard drives and ribbon cables but nothing works. I think I have a corrupt version of ion 2012 software. That's what I get from downloading it from another site.

I sent you a PM with a link to my 2012 iso files. Let me know when you are done downloading so i can remove them from my hosting site account.

jokerz4fun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 06:48:31 pm »

I sent you a PM with a link to my 2012 iso files. Let me know when you are done downloading so i can remove them from my hosting site account.

Thank you for the new files. That did the trick! You are a godsend. I've been beating my head against the wall for days trying to figure out what was going on with this. I even contacted the guy who owns the site where I got the other ISO files and he denied it up and down that his files were good. Not so much dude haha. All of you thank you for all of the help