Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden tee complete project  (Read 2530 times)

TinyDawg45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2017, 07:56:44 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Golden tee complete project
« on: September 02, 2017, 09:10:28 am »
Hi all. I have. Question about a golden tee complete machine I want to buy. I found one for 250$ and the person that is selling it said that it works but that it freezes at the main menu after it boots up. I'm pretty confident in my tech skills that I could repair this machine. But I've never tried to before. I'm a computer tech and not afraid to mess with anything electronic. But I wouldn't know where to start on diagnosing this awesome deal of a machine. Should I pull the trigger and buy this and try to fix. What could possibly be wrong. Hard drive maybe ??

lostboy4480

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:54:46 pm
Re: Golden tee complete project
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 07:11:56 pm »
First thing i would check are the voltage levels off the power supply and adjust them. Verify your boot rom is 2.09 so that you can use larger hard drives.  Then you can order something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLDEN-TEE-COMPLETE-COMPACT-FLASH-KIT-WITH-2-09-BOOT-EPROM-WITH-INSTRUCTIONS-/351067830203/

Or if you want to do it yourself,  by an ide to compact flash adapter and a card and then restore the CHD from mame onto the card.

If your on 2.09 then you can play around with restoring the CHD onto a regular IDE hard drive to see if it still freezes at the same spot. If that appears to fix it then I would still recommend down the line moving to a compact flash adapter.

Good luck !
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 07:13:46 pm by lostboy4480 »
Cabinets

NBA Jam
Golden Tee 2005
PGA Tour Golf Team Challenge
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection
Generic Taito (Project)