Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultracade Issues  (Read 744 times)

Jstgilstrap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ultracade Issues
« on: August 30, 2017, 09:48:32 pm »
Hello everyone.

I currently work for a gaming rental company and we have a few ultracades. One is giving us some issues. When we turn it on it gets to the attract screen and starts to show a video of the first game and will freeze and resets. We have checked all connections voltages go to everything and everything seemed fine. Once we unplugged the usblinx PS2 connection and plugged in a keyboard the game works fine. I have tried taking the PS2 cable out and replacing it with a usb but that only works if a keyboard is plugged into the PS2 port but once you enter a game it will reset.

Its a hyperware ultracade with a Jammalinx usb 900-0010-01 rev A.

We where thinking it might be a bad jammlinx board but I have not been able to find out online.

Any help would be great. Thanks

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
Re: Ultracade Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 11:01:56 am »
If your Ultracade's are still running the original power supplies then you probably want to change those first to rule out any power issues.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Thenasty

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Offline Offline
    • Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical monitor setup.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 11:30:31 am »
since you have several, can't you take usblinx PS2 from the other and test it to confirm ? or versa versa.
Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical setup.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=26696.0

Free VGA Breakout Cable
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=38228.0

Ultimate All in One Coin Mech write up (Make your own)
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=19200.0

Jstgilstrap

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 08:19:00 pm »
If your Ultracade's are still running the original power supplies then you probably want to change those first to rule out any power issues.

I did try swapping out the power supply
since you have several, can't you take usblinx PS2 from the other and test it to confirm ? or versa versa.
but it did not change anything

We have one that runs all off a board with a memory card in it. Another that runs a different computer and different usb interface as it has a track ball.

Jstgilstrap

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 01:51:26 am »
Quick question. Would a Jpac work with the ultracade?

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 11:51:53 pm »

I am not speaking from specific knowledge here, just general knowledge of the industry. No that won't work, the I/O board is going to be part of the overall security scheme of the system, and likely won't swap out with an off the rack part, if it did, then the ultracade system would be one crack away from being able to be pirated on anything, since that never happened I can safely say it won't work with a Jpac.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Jstgilstrap

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 01:35:27 pm »

I am not speaking from specific knowledge here, just general knowledge of the industry. No that won't work, the I/O board is going to be part of the overall security scheme of the system, and likely won't swap out with an off the rack part, if it did, then the ultracade system would be one crack away from being able to be pirated on anything, since that never happened I can safely say it won't work with a Jpac.

Thats what I figured. I tired a few interface boards that we use when we do a raseberry pi build and those did not work at all. I guess the next question is does any one know where I can get a working usblinx?

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 03:01:59 pm »
You could try pinlink in the following thread, He's looking to convert an arcade legends, Maybe trade him for a JPAC  :P

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,155155.0.html

tkeahi

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 04:46:05 pm »

I have used a JPAC with an ultracade. I believe it has to be the PS2 version, not the USB version and you have to program the JPAC using the ultimarc software:

TEST      E (or .)
Exit       J (or ESC)

P1 Up      Up Arrow
P1 Down   Down Arrow
P1 Left   Left Arrow
P1 Right   Right Arrow
P1 1      Left Control
P1 2      Left Alt
P1 3      Space
P1 4      Left Shift
P1 5       Right Control
P1 6      Right Shift
P1 Start   1
Coin 1   3

P2 Up      R
P2 Down   F
P2 Left   D
P2 Right   G
P2 1      A
P2 2      S
P2 3      Q
P2 4      W
P2 5      Z
P2 6      X
P2 Start   2
Coin 2   4

The JPAC also does not have a 3.5 mm jack for audio so you'd have to figure out a solution for sound.

Jstgilstrap

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 01:12:48 pm »
well currently we are converting it to a mame computer cause it needs to go out on the 20th. But that is good to know. Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31