Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Heads up. Gamestop is selling retro consoles at a reasonable price for a change  (Read 2897 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
They have model 1 Genesis with gamepad and controller for 30 bucks, Dreamcasts for 44, old gamepads are cheap ect.  I think they've knocked around 10 bucks off of every console.  Yeah those aren't great deals, but unlike buying the stuff from ebay, ect. it's guaranteed to work and you'll actually get the gamepad, power brick and all the a/v stuff. 

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:01:53 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Yeah, been fondling their Dreamcast listings for a week. Sitting on a $25 gift card.....

:dunno

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Ditto.  My laser died in my dreamcast so I should get one, but what puts me off about gamestop is their lack of free shipping.  Actually they don't even pretend that it's shipping and just call it "handling".  This is 2017... if you pay more than 25 bucks for something and it's of a reasonable size and weight you get free shipping.  Everybody seems to have figured out how to do this but gamestop. 

I thought of getting two 360 gamepads for 30 bucks, but it's 9 bucks shipping and at 40 bucks that's the going rate for used gamepads. 

Been sitting on some gift cards for quite a while because I have the same problem with them that I do amazon... I can always find the stuff cheaper elsewhere so I end up buying it there. 

That being said I do think the retro deals are pretty good right now, which is why I posted them.  Just ignore the cheapest man alive's ramblings. 

KenToad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 02:14:24 pm
  • Flap Flap Flap
Do they have retro stuff in store or do you have to order online?

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.

Define retro.  Seriously. It needs defining. If you are talking Dreamcast and earlier then yes it is online, yet I do see old crap still in the clearance section at the back of their stores.  Apparently Disney's Infinity is retro now.
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....

Define retro.  Seriously. It needs defining. If you are talking Dreamcast and earlier then yes it is online, yet I do see old crap still in the clearance section at the back of their stores.  Apparently Disney's Infinity is retro now.

I think its age dependant.
Old buggers like us tend to think of Things pre gen 4/5 as being retro.

Where the youngsters tend to think of Gen 5/6 being retro.

Technically they would both be correct as I believe the definition of retro means in layman's terms something which is no longer made or supported.

That being said though I read a article a couple of years back that said Brazil had only just stopped selling games for the SNES  because it was so hugely popular.

So who knows....

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 08:02:44 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Yeah, been fondling their Dreamcast listings for a week. Sitting on a $25 gift card.....

:dunno

!  I forgot I've been sitting on a GS gift card for a while now.  Time to dust it off...

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
Well now like most places their in-store sales aren't the same as their online sales.  Officially at least, gamestop only sells retro stuff online although you can turn old stuff in for credit... that's how they get their online stock.  By retro I mean dreamcast and before.  Their online store sells every popular console from the nes onwards.  It is rare for them to have nes and snes consoles in stock though.