Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Aimtrak and native resolutions in linux groovymame  (Read 2136 times)

Edglaf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 03:38:27 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Aimtrak and native resolutions in linux groovymame
« on: August 26, 2017, 06:13:55 am »
I,ve managed to get it working as a mouse in any linght gun game, no problem. However There are some unconfortable issues, namely:

There is some delay in the response when moving fast from one distant point to the other, the delay in the response seem to vary depending on the rom you play. MAy be it's not critical or even happens in the original arcade machine, not sure ¿?. In interlaced games like time crisis precission is better than in low-res-non interlaced modes or I just am missing a configuration tool that is easily usable in windows but not that much in linux. Before I bother to try to install a tool called gunconf, will it dramatically improove things? Should I run all these shooting games at a standard interlaced resolutiion (I am using a scart TV)?

In the case that it is worth doiing it, could anyone provide me a brief hint of how to implement gunconf tool from LXDE frontend?

Thanks for the help,

RobeeJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 03:30:01 am
Re: Aimtrak and native resolutions in linux groovymame
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 04:14:04 am »
I haven't even managed to get that far :(

Edglaf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 11:53:15 am »
Neither did I actually. I got confused, those symptoms I talked about were under Windows XP. I´ve just booted my groovyarcade and it works under LXDE frontend but not a single groovymame rom seem to benefit from that. Apparently, the cursor goes inmediatyly to the right-down corner as soon as the IR signal is detected, where it remains hidden until you move a trackball/spinner.

Sorry 'bout the confusion,

Has anyone succeeded in installing the linux gunconf tool? Would like to know because it looks hard to work

thanks,
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 01:57:10 pm by Edglaf »

RobeeJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 03:30:01 am
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 03:35:44 pm »
I checked the AimTrak website for the first time in ages, and it links to two Linux YT videos that might be useful, and a Linux configuration tool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdRLX-Fhkv4&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmJITtV-bA4&feature=youtu.be

https://github.com/gunpadawan/gunconf

I might give these a go at the weekend!

Edglaf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 04:23:22 am »
Thanks Robert,

I alredy had seen both videos, but they're meant for retropie installs running advancemame. SO I can`t find a advmame.rc file in my groovymame install or something alike. I can´t see those "raw mouse" options in my mame.ini file.

As for the gunconf tool files, I,m not quite yet familiar with terminal-command-line-typing. I`m learning those apt-get, make install etc instrucctions though. But currently I can't even guess wich files I need to download in order to install gunconf from the 3rd .link

If you happen to carry out further progresses, please let me know...

Good luck!