Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SONY KV-21FX30B - Service Menu Settings Not Saving  (Read 1613 times)

kimikat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2018, 09:09:38 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
SONY KV-21FX30B - Service Menu Settings Not Saving
« on: August 26, 2017, 04:37:33 am »
Hi friends  :)

Opening a topic as I can't find any info regarding the factory settings for the SONY KV-21FX30B.

I have several Sony CRTs here and they all save the updated settings as soon as i exit the service/factory menu.

This model however does not :(

I read across the internet that some sony TVs require to press mute then enter, but I do not have an enter button on the remote control... (I have a OK button which may be the same thing)

So no matter what i do i end up with all settings back to their initial values as soon as I exit the factory menu.

Can anyone with the same TV model provide guidance ?

Thank you in advance.

Kimikat.

morton

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2021, 09:36:59 am
Re: SONY KV-21FX30B - Service Menu Settings Not Saving
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 10:16:02 am »
IIRC Ok and enter do the same thing... my Enter/OK button isn't labeled and is just in the middle of the four way arrows.

You wrote your initial settings down right??? If not, do. Then if something eff's up, you're not flying blind... I didn't write mine down, because well... stupid.

kimikat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2018, 09:09:38 am
Re: SONY KV-21FX30B - Service Menu Settings Not Saving
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 06:48:18 am »
Hi Morton,

Yes i have the default values saved.

I figured that ok would be the same as enter but wasnt sure.

The point is that whenever i am done adjusting the picture as soon as i exit the menu it all goes back to default.

So if i press mute and enter (ok) it doesnt save anything.

I am wondering if the memory where updated values are saved is dead or not active.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Kimikat :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 06:50:09 am by kimikat »