Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden Tee Fore CP Art: Critiques  (Read 2343 times)

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:40:47 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
Golden Tee Fore CP Art: Critiques
« on: August 24, 2017, 09:11:06 am »
I've got a converted Golden Tee Fore! cabinet that i used to use for a mame machine that's sitting in my basement unused.   I plan on eventually fixing it up and either using it or selling it, depending on my mood.  The CP was hacked together with the blank CP from Gatorcade and some of the stickers, but I hate that look. 

I instead found scans of the GT Fore background and the rosettes/stickers and did a mediocre (at best) job removing the background from them so they look like part of the BG when printed.  The result is a completely customizable CPO. (See screenshots).  Everything is in layers and movable.  I even removed the red swoops and generated a full "water only" layer using content aware fills so the panel can be sized horizontally beyond the stock size.

I'm concerned with how this will look printed however.  The scans were of the printed vinyl, so the "texture" came through as noise in the scan.  I'm worried with how that will look when printed.  I look some captures and attached them to show what I'm talking about.

Will this look like trash when printed?

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:40:47 pm
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
Re: Golden Tee Fore CP Art: Critiques And Question!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 12:46:33 pm »
Also, if anyone could suggest how I could recreate that same noisy texture and fade on custom text, that would be awesome.  I found the font they used for the text, and can recreate the look of the red/white letters by beveling the white part, stroking the red part, then beveling the stroke, but I can't find a good way to get the letters to "match" the faded/noisy letters on the rest of the panel.  ( SEE ATTACHMENT)

I plan to use this template to create a custom CP with holes for controllers, etc with badging that will identify player 1, 2, start, coin AND will also mark out which buttons are used for what in Golden Tee Fore, as I can now emulate GT complete in MAME.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:54:32 pm by nipsmg »