Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Model2 Emulator controls configuration  (Read 7761 times)

mozzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2022, 03:52:21 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Model2 Emulator controls configuration
« on: August 24, 2017, 07:27:44 am »
Hi all
I'm wondering if anyone can help with an Model issue I'm having.
I've built a driving cab using an single Scud Racer and Im now at the stage of configuring the controls. Steering,brakes and accelerator are fine for all games however I'm having trouble with the outputs as follows -

Sega Touring Car Championship
Shift Up - S
Shift Down - N
View 1 (Zoom in) - Left_Control
View 2 (Zoom Out) - Left_Shift

Indy 500
Shift Up - A
Shift Down - Left_Shift
View 2 (Zoom Out) - S

Super GT24
Shift Up - N
Shift Down - Left_Shift
View 2 (Zoom Out) - Left_Shift

The issue as you might see is that all the games have different control inputs and Model2 config for these 3 Roms have options for steering, brake and accelerator with the only additional option is to change Buttons 1,2,3 or 4. Daytona and Sega Rally have config options for VR buttons and gears.

Has anybody been able to overcome this and get all working?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Cheers

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Re: Model2 Emulator controls configuration
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 11:47:26 am »
You can configure the controls to whatever you want in game using the drop down menu.

mozzie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2022, 03:52:21 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 09:17:24 pm »
The issue I'm having is that these 3 games do not have the same config options as Daytona and Sega Rally.

The only config option other than steering, brake and accelerator is button 1,2,3,4. If I reconfigure the iPac for Indy500 I can't configure the controls for Sega Touring or GT24. If you were to click the option in Model2 for Daytona and Sega Rally it would show Gear 1,2,3,4 and View 1,2,3,4 as well as buttons etc which allows for full configuration. Indy 500,STCC and GG24 don't which is the reason for asking. I will take a screenshot later and post it in order to fully understand.
Cheers

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 10:36:13 pm »
So what's the actual issue? You can remap the control inputs for each game as Thunderwing suggests; don't touch the ipac, set the controls to what you want in each different game in the emulator. I certainly have STCC and Daytona both running perfectly (using H2seq, as i only have a sequential shift) on my cabs with a PC wheel.

Is there something missing here? To what "outputs" are you referring in the OP? Lights on the VR buttons on the physical SCUD cab you have?

EDIT: Hmmm, SCUD cabs have an H-shifter, don't they. How would you get the H-Shifter to deliver sequential shifting? For a joystick you could use joy-to-key with some fancy rebinding. AHK could do it for a keyboard, but f-me it'd be work.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=151851.0 see reply #17

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:48:24 pm by buttersoft »

MTPPC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2021, 02:25:46 pm
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 07:02:11 pm »
I'm in the same boat as buttermilk.
Pinball and Video Arcade Repair in Billings, MT USA
http://pinballmd.com/