Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mounting a VESA LCD in arcade cabinet  (Read 3181 times)

iscariot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 14, 2022, 02:00:34 pm
Mounting a VESA LCD in arcade cabinet
« on: August 23, 2017, 08:10:36 pm »
I recently came into possession of a multisync LCD that will accept the 15khz signal.  I notice that it has the vesa mounting holes and I was hoping that someone had a template for mounting this perfectly center in a 19 in CRT monitor frame.  I've tried using some metal straps but it's been difficult getting it perfectly centered.  Any advise?  Is there some sort of template out there?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:35:47 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Mounting a VESA LCD in arcade cabinet
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 09:59:56 pm »
the thing about VESA is that, yes... it's standard spacing and size...but it's not standard WHERE on the monitor it is. it may be centered on the panel... it may be higher or lower. assuming it's centered...

get yourself a piece of 1/4 inch hardboard or MDF cut to the size of the original monitor... or a little bigger

drill 4 large holes in the corners so you can mount it to the original CRT monitor's mounting spots.

draw an x connecting the 4 holes to mark out your center.

use a template to mark out where your VESA holes are and their proper spacing.

place this template on your X so that a line goes through every hole in your template... this will get your monitor as close to center as possible.

mark the holes and drill them... use some screws to hold your monitor on to the board.

if you need your monitor closer to the glass, make some spacers out of more wood to have the monitor stand out from the board more.

Titchgamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Mounting a VESA LCD in arcade cabinet
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 05:24:48 am »
Whenever I have mounted monitors I always do the same thing:

Lift and place the cabinet down on its front. Place the monitor inside the cab and look underneath to align the monitor correctly.
Then fix in place!
Easy peasy and 100% alignment every time!

Needs 2 people ideally though.