Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Maximus Help Needed  (Read 3790 times)

johnnydanger408

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 09, 2017, 11:53:49 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Maximus Help Needed
« on: August 15, 2017, 01:24:09 am »
Hello everyone.  I just built an arcade cabinet and decided to try Maximus Arcade out.  I tested it on my main PC and everything worked fine.  I put a PC inside my arcade cabinet and installed Maximus Arcade.  I have an interesting problem which I absolutely cant figure out.  Maximus works.  Im able to start it and load my game list.  Im even able to start and play games right when I start it.  But, and heres the problem, If Im playing a game and quit that game, when I go to try any other game Im taken to a black screen and the game never loads. If I exit Maximus and start it again, I am then able to play the game that just previously sent me to a black screen.  If I exit that game and try another, the same thing happens.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might need to do to correct this issuse?  I dont want to have to keep exiting and restarting Maximus whenever I want to play a different game.

Thanks in advance

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:04:24 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
Re: Maximus Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 04:03:56 am »
Does it happen with all emulators or just one?

johnnydanger408

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 07:16:25 am »
I actually don't know. I'm only using MAME right now. I will try another emulator and see what happens.

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:04:24 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 07:36:33 am »
Maybe change the Exit Mame button (within MAME) to the same button you use in Maximus.

johnnydanger408

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 09:13:54 am »
Maybe change the Exit Mame button (within MAME) to the same button you use in Maximus.

Thats a good idea. I will definitely try that.  As to the earlier question, I just installed an SNES Emulator and a few games and that one worked fine. I wont be able to try to exit button suggestion til later, but I will report back if it works.

Thanks

johnnydanger408

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 11:51:01 pm »
Well, it appears there is something happening with MAME64 and my computer Im using.  I tried to open MAME64 outside of Maximus Arcade and it immediately crashes. So I decided to try to run MAME64 in compatibility mode utilizing the windows 7 compatibility and it worked.  Everything is fine now.  I havent seen any downside to using compatibility mode. 

Thanks for the earlier tips. Now its time to have some fun.