Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help with Arcade Monitors!  (Read 1551 times)

TheHeroicZ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 22, 2017, 10:43:40 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help with Arcade Monitors!
« on: August 22, 2017, 10:33:12 pm »
Hello everyone,

So I am a novice when it comes to arcades (been doing it for about a year) but ran into a problem with set of Sega OutRunner Cabinets and monitors. So one of the monitor boards was arcing badly at the flyback. I took it to be replaced and eventually was with what seems to be the correct flyback (they researched it).

I went in today and installed the board in and it was extremely dim even after playing with the screen button or focus on the fly back or the V-hold, V-pos, and other nobs that add red or sharpness to it. Along with that, the picture rolls vaguely (the image will remain still but bars going through the image up). Along with that, the other monitor in the other cabinet, the image is constantly going up (or down when I play with the V-Hold nob) but refuses to actually stay still. This became a problem (it seems) when I installed this entirely separate monitor board. Help! I am at a lost and am not well versed in the CRT TV's. Thanks for your time!

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:43:38 am
Re: Help with Arcade Monitors!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 05:46:35 pm »
make and model of monitors, code on the flyback that was replaced, photo of the video wiring
video of the issue

all these would help