Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Skeeball 2010 HELP!  (Read 3350 times)

TalkingHeadsFan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2019, 03:29:46 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Skeeball 2010 HELP!
« on: August 21, 2017, 09:17:46 am »
Hi Guys,

I picked up a Skeeball 2010 about 6 months that I fixed up and restored. This is one of the last versions Skeeball produced before being sold to Baytek who I think still manufacturers a slightly modified version. In restoring it, I've replaced every single optical sensor (Omron EE-SPY415). Even so, I've never been able to get the ball count sensor to work consistently well. Sometimes I play it and it works perfectly. Other times, the sensor will randomly register phantom balls as 0 and end the game before I even get to roll.

I originally thought the sensor was too "sensitive", so I put some washers in between the sensor and the bracket to distance the sensor from where the balls roll past. Unfortunately, it didn't help. I've replaced the sensor which didn't help, and every other sensor works great. If the other sensors were going haywire, I would think it was a power supply issue.

My hunch is it has something to do with the grounding of the sensor? Does anybody have any advice on what to check next?

Thanks,
-Doug

TalkingHeadsFan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2019, 03:29:46 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Skeeball 2010 HELP!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 09:06:34 am »
So, I removed the power supply to inspect it and noticed that the voltage selector switch was on 220V, instead of 110V...I'm in the US. Doesn't this mean that the power supply is putting out half the amps to the components thats it should be? Would this cause some of the sensor issues I've been experiencing?

I haven't had a chance to switch it to 110V and try it out, but I figured you guys would have some valuable input.

Thanks,
-Doug

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Skeeball 2010 HELP!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 01:15:43 pm »
Yes, I believe it needs to be set for USA voltage.