Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: RetroArch Vulkan Problem  (Read 450 times)

DentonClone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
RetroArch Vulkan Problem
« on: August 21, 2017, 02:30:43 am »
First off, a big thanks to Calamity for developing CRT Emudriver and providing such amazing support.

After getting my CRT Emudriver 2.0/GroovyMAME Arcade PC working I thought I'd see if I could get that wonderful CRT goodness working with RetroArch. Sure enough after some configuration from this thread: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=138062.40 it's running beautifully.

The problem I'm having though is with the Vulkan renderer. I'm hoping to use it specifically for PS1 games and the Beetle PSX HW core's PGXP features. The problem is unless I'm on the latest drivers RetroArch won't start. That's a problem since the CRT Emudriver is based on an older driver version.

I've installed the Vulkan runtime separately as suggested in this thread: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=154557.0 According to a view tools I've found Vulkan is indeed installed and can run properly.

I'm unsure if it's the driver itself or a combination of the current card I'm using and the old drivers. Unfortunately I don't have a newer Radeon card on hand to test the idea.

The card I'm using is a Radeon HD 7700 which is the oldest card with Vulkan support. Would updating to a newer card possibly get this setup working or would it be all in the drivers?

Calamity

• Offline Offline
Re: RetroArch Vulkan Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 01:05:12 pm »
I can't help you with this right now. In a few months hopefully I'll have time for an updated release of the Emudriver. In the meantime you can try using latest official driver and Pakoman's method for GM without CRT Emudriver (search the forum). You'll probably mess the GM side of your setup, so unless PSX is so so important to you right now I'd wait for the new release.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead or pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

Ya Dad

• Offline Offline
  • 240p master res
    • McleodGaming
Re: RetroArch Vulkan Problem
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 01:21:03 pm »
Good thing I found this thread. I was excited to try the ParaLLEl n64 core with RetroArch in 15khz 240p on my SD CRT with EmuDriver and was about to follow that same thread you found about installing the Vulcan drivers separately. Glad I didn't now. We'll just have to wait for the next version of CRT EmuDriver.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31