Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Thoughts on methods to rotate a monitor within a cabinet?  (Read 1616 times)

P-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2022, 12:39:40 am
Thoughts on methods to rotate a monitor within a cabinet?
« on: October 06, 2020, 12:28:51 pm »
I would like to be able to rotate my 27" widescreen monitor within the cabinet to play vertical games.  I've attached images of how I would set up the screen so that it could display fully in either orientation.

I'm looking for ways to be able to rotate the screen easily while the cabinet is in use.  I could have a door in the back or side and just reach in there and rotate it, but ideally I would have a lever or something protruding through the side or back of the cab that could be used to do the rotation, so that even a kid could do it and not worry about damaging anything.  I will probably be VESA mounting the monitor with a rotating mount, although it does currently sit on a stand that rotates, I would probably use something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Maclocks-Orientation-Swivel-Enclosures-VRP-B/dp/B00T78GH1M/

Anyone have any examples?  Thoughts?

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
Re: Thoughts on methods to rotate a monitor within a cabinet?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 12:30:13 pm »
Look in automated projects section, There are a couple of write ups in there on how to automate rotating monitor.