Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 1961 Seeburg AY160U plays continuously and won't stop.  (Read 2342 times)

KennethJ17

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2017, 10:22:24 pm
1961 Seeburg AY160U plays continuously and won't stop.
« on: August 15, 2017, 09:22:26 am »
Hello,

I bought my Seeburg AY160U last week and immediately ordered a manual for it, which i have recently received.  I bought it with a preexisting condition.  On startup it will immediately play a song and then will continue to play in order from right to left (B-sides) and then left to right (A-sides).  It will ignore any selections made and will basically continue to play through the entire catalog until it finishes.  Once it finishes it will go back to its "home" resting position but will not play anything else, selections or otherwise.

I will mention that everything seems to function well while its playing and moving from one record to the next.  Also, it seems to be well taken care of by the previous owner who had it for over 25yrs.  Just a little dusty but no signs of abuse.

Thanks,
Ken