Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Neotec nt35 screen resolution  (Read 1345 times)

bimm25e

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:35:22 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Neotec nt35 screen resolution
« on: August 10, 2017, 10:50:07 pm »
Sup gang?! I have maximum force showcase with a 39" tube in it that is working with standard resolution pcbs. The monitor chassis is marked NT35C.  Is it possible to use this tube but somehow get a 25kHz signal through the chassis?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:34:20 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Neotec nt35 screen resolution
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 01:32:49 am »
no.

the yoke's resonant frequency is tuned to 15khz. trying to run it at a higher frequency results in a pile of heat being produced until failure. manufacturers dabbled in switching between 15k and 25k but the yoke just end ed up getting cooked or were never really good at either frequency.

more modern switchable monitors used a yoke often active electronics on the yoke to vary the resonant frequency to make it run somewhat efficiently.

if you need to switch to 25k, you are likely looking at finding a 39" 25k monitor and swapping all the guts and yoke over to your tube.

a universal chassis MAY work, but they are pretty impossible to find, and even harder to find the CORRECT one for your monitor. you still end up running a 15k yoke at 25k though.