Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe CD-100I Laserstar Saturn Power Issues  (Read 2532 times)

ZachTheTech

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 25, 2017, 10:03:00 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rowe CD-100I Laserstar Saturn Power Issues
« on: August 09, 2017, 05:55:49 am »
Hello,

I have my first jukebox that I am trying to troubleshoot. The lights come on and I notice the power supply only has the 28 vac led on, but the 8 and 28 remain off. I located the 2A and 10A circuit breakers on the power supply but these don't seem to budge. I see fuses for the amp and amp driver board but I did not see any fuses for the power supply. Is there something I need to do to be able to reset the breakers on the power supply?

Consequently, the mech, front panel, computer, etc have no activity whatsoever since they lack electricity. Does this maybe indicate a faulty power supply?

Also, where is the amp driver board located? I didn't see it under the amp chassis but I might have overlooked it.

Thanks,
Zach

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:48:34 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Rowe CD-100I Laserstar Saturn Power Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 11:18:52 am »
you likely have a fault with the power supply board itself.

you are going to have to remove the supply from the back wall and inspect the internal board for damage/blown components.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 04:51:21 am »
I agree with Lilshawn remove the power supply and the PCB inside, chech first for dry joints (called cold joints USA) to the header pins. Also check the spade connections going to the circuit breakers for tightness.

Next onto checking the board if there are no issues as above. check all the diodes on the PCB and check for any blown transistors or resistors.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

ZachTheTech

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 25, 2017, 10:03:00 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 10:01:39 pm »
Hey guys,

I appreciate the information! I ended up opening the power supply and there was a blown fuse in there. I didnt see any mentions of this fuse in the manual but I might have just overlooked it. Replaced this fuse and the beast fired right up!

Now onto putting the MP3 conversion in ;D

Thank you!
Zach

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 09:16:21 am »
Hi Zach,

Did you check for any cold joints on the long Molex connector from the transformer?

If all is good then it could be that someone shorted out something on the service switch or else where on the jukebox.

I do not like the idea of a fuse going for no apparent reason.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK