Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: groovyarcade and arduino joysticks : strange issue  (Read 1500 times)

samguili

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2019, 12:14:46 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
groovyarcade and arduino joysticks : strange issue
« on: August 08, 2017, 04:53:29 pm »
Hello,

i have a problem with advmenu and groovymame : i cant launch a game in advmenu and i cant configure groovymame : the focus is moving constantly, it’s like an arrow key is pushed forever.
This issue disappear when i unplug the two arduino uno serving as an interface between joysticks-buttons and the motherboard.
However, those are working very well in game. I tested it in a manjaro live usb where i installed qmc2 and sdlmame and it worked flawlessly.
So i dont know where the issue could lie, maybe in the sdl library ? When i remove sdl in advmenu.rc to disable the joystick the focus stopped moving.
I tried to compile advmenu from sources on manjaro live usb and the problem came back.
The arduinos are sees by the system as a gamepad openchord x rmit exertion game labs unojoy joystick (project unojoy).

My setup : Groovyarcade 2016-07 32 bits.
Hardware : CPU~Single core Intel Pentium 4 (-HT-) speed~2992 MHz (max) Mem~262.5/2012.8MB HDD~84.4GB

thanks

samguili

• Offline Offline
Re: groovyarcade and arduino joysticks : strange issue
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 04:57:27 am »
a clue : when i tried to set up attract-mode to see if the problem was similar, i saw that the events always send to the system are : mouse left+mouse wheelup. So it would seem that the joysticks are messing up with the mouse (wich is not plugged).
The question now become : how to disable the mouse in GA ? I believe that when this is performed the issue will disappear.
I saw in this thread http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=139191.0 that this file :
Code: [Select]
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-joystick.conf should be deleted but it's nowhere to be seen in my system.

any help apppreciated, thanks
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 07:28:47 am by samguili »

samguili

• Offline Offline
Re: groovyarcade and arduino joysticks : strange issue
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 06:29:54 am »
Workaround in case one is deseperate to solve that issue :
- install lubuntu
- install attract-mode
- set autostart for attract-mode
- set shutdown with power button
- compile groovymame
- enjoy !