Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: sdaemon.exe has stopped working(Win 10)- fast and furious arcade dump  (Read 3652 times)

mickael28

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2020, 07:56:15 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi guys,

Not sure if I am missing something basic here, today I just found out that we can play some arcade games which have been dumped with a standard PC.

I was trying Fast and Furious on my Windows 10-64 bits PC and the instructions just said to launch a file called 'sdaemon.exe'.

I've done that, but I keep on getting the error: sdaemon.exe has stopped working.

Any idea why this could be or what I could do to workaround it?

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
Re: sdaemon.exe has stopped working(Win 10)- fast and furious arcade dump
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 11:17:19 am »
Try running it as administrator. It doesn't really matter anyway, the controls are messed up, you cant properly map the gas and brake...

mickael28

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2020, 07:56:15 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 04:29:35 pm »
Same problem launched as admin... tried as well compatibility mode Win Vista and Win 7, but same issue.

I thought I read somewhere that it was fully playable, but maybe they were using a controller and mapping just buttons?

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 04:35:07 pm »
Its playable, but the gas and brake are mapped to up and down on the left analog stick. No one has figured how to get the gas and brake mapped correctly.