Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Do we have any Groupon.com users who can assist me?  (Read 2379 times)

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
Do we have any Groupon.com users who can assist me?
« on: August 02, 2017, 08:58:08 am »
Greetings,  This may be one for PBJ but any other bargain hunter will do :)

I live in the UK but visit the US once or twice a year.  Being a bit of a cheapskate I've always used Groupon deals when I am visiting.  Well I have another trip planned shortly and went onto groupon to get some deals.  Imagine my suprise when I tried to get something only to be told that I have no card on record,  OK add card again,  Nope no joy. Seemingly Groupon have stopped recognising payments from cards registered outside of the US/Canada.  I tried Applepay only to have that fail so lastly I tried to buy a groupon gift card using my Paypal account and got the following message.

"We're sorry. This merchant only accepts payments from PayPal accounts registered in the United States"

So basically I can't buy anything from Groupon.com anymore  :badmood: :badmood: :badmood:

This means that I need someone in the US/Canada to deal with Groupon on my behalf.  I would be willing to pay monies into a users paypal account and who in return would be so kind as to buy a groupon gift card for me.

I am more than happy to pay $10 for someones time in doing this for me. 

PM Me if you can assist.

Thanks.

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:59:25 am
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: Do we have any Groupon.com users who can assist me?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 09:02:56 am »
Will it take a visa gift card as payment? You can buy those at Walmart and many other places. They work like a credit card. They cost less than the ten dollars you are offering.

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 09:04:49 am »
I honestly don't know it does say it excludes certain prepaid cards.  I'm not even sure I can actually get away with the gift card idea either as I see at the bottom when gifting it says must be US Residence  :dunno :dunno   :censored: :banghead:

JimmyU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 11:11:58 pm
  • I believe I can fly!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 10:54:16 am »
I honestly don't know it does say it excludes certain prepaid cards.  I'm not even sure I can actually get away with the gift card idea either as I see at the bottom when gifting it says must be US Residence  :dunno :dunno   :censored: :banghead:
You can definitely use prepaid Visa/MC with PayPal.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:14:17 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 11:14:14 am »
I'll do it. 

Alternatively, you could try this service:  https://privacy.com/

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 11:17:29 am »
You can definitely use prepaid Visa/MC with PayPal.

I know that but unless I can create a paypal account using a hotel/other address in the US that won't actually help at all.  If you have to register a prepaid card to a US Address before use it is also no point.  Groupon are insisting that the account for payment be held in the US and I don't have that ability.   

Drnick

• Offline Offline
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 01:28:17 pm »
And my thanks go to PBJ who has ensured that The wife and I will not go hungry on our upcoming trip.  (In no way is that any kind of euphemism or double-entendre).