Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Driving Force GT and Mame gas/break not working  (Read 2368 times)

ratzy82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 15, 2018, 09:43:06 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Driving Force GT and Mame gas/break not working
« on: July 31, 2017, 09:59:51 am »
I've been searching youtube and forums to solve this issue, but no luck yet. I have a driving force GT and I'm trying to map it to mame. Currently working on Crusin USA. The wheel maps fine, but the break and gas are not registering. When I depress on Pedal 1 for gas I get accelerator joy...Leaving the Pedal 1 inc and dec blank. I've also tried mapping the Inc and dec, but I get no response from that either. I have 2 amitraks and a tankstick plugged into my machine as well. Are these interfering with the joy1? Maybe the analog sensitivity settings need to be higher? They are 20% at default. I bumped them up to 50, but I get no movement on the gas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:54:06 am
Re: Driving Force GT and Mame gas/break not working
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 02:49:26 pm »
Post a pic of your MAME mappings.

It's probably not the analog sensitivity setting.
Are the wheels marked combined or separate axis in windows? (either will work, but this might affect troubleshooting advice)
Have you tried inverting the pedals under analog settings in MAME?

They also may need to be calibrated in the game's original service menu (f2 by default).
Some games have you do that at startup.  It's been too long to remember how Cruisin' works.

ratzy82

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 03:31:16 pm »
Thanks, will post my mame map settings tonight. They are marked as separate axis in the Logitech profiler. I have tried inverting. Combining axis. I have also went into the service menu in cruisin to try and calibrate.
Also i have paddle and pedal set to joystick in the mame global settings vs default keyboard.

ratzy82

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 12:34:47 pm »
I finally got my gas pedal working. I ended up unplugging all of my other usb devices so the Pedal would be recognized as Joy 1 Accelerator and had to reverse the input. Now it seems that the break does not work. It's mapped as Joy 1 Y Axis. Tried reversing the input but still no dice. :dunno