Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dolphin - driving force gt  (Read 2183 times)

ant2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 02:36:51 pm
Dolphin - driving force gt
« on: July 31, 2017, 05:05:24 am »
I can't seem to get the steering dialed in on my driving force gt.
I'm using double dash for testing and no matter what rotation degree restriction I set it on, it feels very all or nothing.
Turns just skid about.

My g27 works perfect, but I set that up 6 years ago and I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

The controller is definitely defined as a "wheel "

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
Re: Dolphin - driving force gt
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 08:41:41 pm »
I have a lot of experience with this, its the way the game is programmed not the wheel. The way the steering works in double dash is very strange. If you turn around 30 degrees it automatically goes into a skid. I've tried both the wheel and the standard controller settings and the controller setting work better in my opinion. You'll probably have to set the wheel to 180 degrees if that's even possible. You also have to set the deadzone a little high and set the radius so that the wheel reaches just to the edges of the circle if not a bit inside the circle.

Even with the settings as good as I can get them the steering is still not perfect, but at least playable.

Conversely if you set up a wheel with f-zero gx, it works perfectly...

ant2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 02:36:51 pm
Re: Dolphin - driving force gt
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 02:36:59 pm »
Thank you.
Changing the controller configuration from wheel -> controller did the trick.
I tweaked the rotation settings to 115->125 degrees rotation (can't remember what I landed on)
I had the deadzone on around 5 and the radius modified by a tiny amount and it felt good enough.