Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: NeoTec Monitor Lines and Focus  (Read 2009 times)

robstraws

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2017, 12:28:32 am
NeoTec Monitor Lines and Focus
« on: July 29, 2017, 08:59:05 pm »
I recently bought an old MK4 showcase cabinet that had MvC2 in it and I am having issues with the Neotec 35-c monitor.  it has constant horizontal lines and is out of focus.  I have adjusted brightness, contrast etc from the monitor control board with none of that working.  The neck board has 6 knobs on it but they aren't well labeled and only seem to adjust RGB.  I have yet to find a schematic or manual for either he monitor or the cabinet itself anywhere online and I can't find the screen or focus knobs anywhere.  Has anyone dealt with these or at least have an idea where I can find a manual? 

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: NeoTec Monitor Lines and Focus
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 10:55:03 pm »
Screen and focus controls are on the flyback.

robstraws

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 12:28:31 am »
So I was able to find the focus and screen knobs which are incredibly difficult to get to and even harder to turn.  After adjusting the screen knob and turning the machine back on the monitor stayed black and there was some chattering coming from the neck of the monitor.  I would assume the flyback was already going bad and that did it in.  Could that cause the noises I was hearing? 

ed12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 12:50:52 am »
chatter u hear is from the yoke normaly horz winding is coming free
now if screen is black before u turned the control, then return it again slow until u get a screen but no retrace lines
then touch up your focus

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

robstraws

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 02:12:04 pm »
Got everything working perfectly now.  Just took the right balance.  Thanks!