Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: A Couple of Questions About ServoStiks, I-PACs and Wiring...  (Read 6171 times)

DoTheDonkeyKonga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2017, 09:05:25 am
  • Butterfly
Hi everyone,

So I’ve finally decided to take the plunge and build my own arcade controls and I’ve got a couple of questions you may be able to help with.

I have tried searching this forum and using a bit of google-foo but I’ve not been able to find a definitive answer yet so here goes…

Firstly, I’m planning on ordering a couple of ServoStiks from Ultimarc. I know these use their own control board that connects two sticks via USB. Great… but I still need a way to connect up all the buttons. I’m thinking an I-PAC2 will be overkill seen as I don’t need any of the joystick inputs so will an I-PAC Mini suffice for this do you think? Open to any suggestions here.

Also, due to the ServoStiks’ control board connecting via USB and the I-PAC (if that’s what I need) also connecting via USB will I have to live with 2 cables snaking out the back of my CP or is there a way to run both through one USB cable, perhaps by the use of a splitter or hub or something? No big deal if not, I can live with 2 cables if need be but figured I’d ask.

I’m planning on leaf switches for the player buttons as I don’t like micro switches for gameplay really but I would like micro switch buttons for the coin, start and menu buttons etc. I know that’s a bit weird but hey, that’s just the way I roll :D

Can I wire an I-PAC for leaf and micro switch buttons in the same setup? If so will I need different types of wires and/or connectors for each type? I’m thinking about ordering Ultimarc’s wiring harness for the player buttons to save a lot of messing around and I notice it says to order a different type of harness for leaf as opposed to micro switch, hence my question. I obviously don’t want to order a whole wiring harness for just the coin/menu buttons so will probably do those manually if different wire/connectors are needed and I can’t use one harness for everything.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this ground has already been covered many times.
"Never take yes for an answer. The nature of things is always no." -- Aldous Huxley, Island

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: A Couple of Questions About ServoStiks, I-PACs and Wiring...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 12:16:41 pm »
Hi welcome aboard.

Ime not to familiar with the servo sticks (never used one).

But you could probably run them and the pac via a hub and just have the usb from the hub coming out of the cp.

It may need to be a powered hub though I am not sure!

Regarding the pac itself either will do. I use the mini pac personally but they both do the same job.

As for the switches, they are only switches so you can change the types as you please.
The reason for the different harnesses is because of the crimp size that attaches to the switch.

You can either buy a harness and crimps for the other size to swap as required or just make a custom harness.

DoTheDonkeyKonga

• Offline Offline
  • Butterfly
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 12:59:53 pm »
Hi Titchgamer

Thanks for the reply.

So mixing leaf switch and micro switch in the same CP - and on the same encoder - should be fine? What about grounding though? I can daisy-chain a ground wire to all of the buttons, right? But if the leaf switch and micro switch buttons require different size connectors then as you say I'd have to make a custom harness... have I got that right? Or is it possible to daisy-chain all the leaf switches to ground and then separately daisy-chain the micros to ground? Sorry if I'm confusing the issue!

Maybe I should just use leaf switches for all buttons! :dunno
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 01:01:51 pm by DoTheDonkeyKonga »
"Never take yes for an answer. The nature of things is always no." -- Aldous Huxley, Island

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 01:32:21 pm »
Yes no problem mixing them. And yes you could ground them with 2 separate harnesses if you wish.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 04:00:32 pm »
You are completely wrong about the Servo sticks.  The USB part just sends the data to the motor to switch the stick between 4 and 8 way, it doesnt handle any inputs. The control board can handle the 4/8 way switch for 2 servo sticks.

Get an IPAC2 for your inputs.

You can run 1 ground loop for the leafs and another ground for the micro switches if they don't use the same QCs, the IPAC2 has 2 ground outs. (you should still chain them together)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:39:58 am by Malenko »
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Ond

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 11:41:19 pm
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 05:30:45 pm »
You are completely wrong about the Servo sticks.  The USB part just sends the data to the motor to switch the stick between 4 and 8 way, it doesnt handle and inputs. The control board can handle the 4/8 way switch for 2 servo sticks.

You can run 1 ground loop for the leafs and another ground for the micro switches if they don't use the same QCs, the IPAC2 has 2 ground outs. (you should still chain them together)

I'm glad you still post on this forum you red headed rebel.   :cheers:

DoTheDonkeyKonga

• Offline Offline
  • Butterfly
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 05:51:45 pm »
Yes no problem mixing them. And yes you could ground them with 2 separate harnesses if you wish.

Good to know. Thanks again Titchgamer.

You are completely wrong about the Servo sticks.  The USB part just sends the data to the motor to switch the stick between 4 and 8 way, it doesnt handle and inputs. The control board can handle the 4/8 way switch for 2 servo sticks.

Thanks Malenko. I read the description wrong on Ultimarc. Good shout! Out of curiosity why do you recommend the I-PAC2 over the I-PAC Mini? They supposedly have the same number of connections.

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:04:24 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 06:34:01 pm »
From their website

"The Mini-PAC works identically to I-PAC2 board."

So really it doesn't matter, you will pay a little more for the Mini-pac WITH harness. Although its more, having the harness saves time and frustration. BUT since you will be using 2 different types of buttons you may need to cut some ends to adapt different connectors. Keep that in mind.

If you are going to buy the Mini pac without the harness you might as well get the Ipac.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:06:58 pm by 05SRT4 »

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 02:19:51 am »

The Mini-PAC is available with a mixed harness which has 2.8mm connectors for all buttons except Start buttons, and has 4.8mm for those and the joysticks.

This option comes with two daisy-chains, a 4.8mm and a 2.8mm one.

So mixing the Goldleaf and Happ buttons in this way is easy. They also have identical appearance from the top of the panel.

Andy

DoTheDonkeyKonga

• Offline Offline
  • Butterfly
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 06:18:45 am »

The Mini-PAC is available with a mixed harness which has 2.8mm connectors for all buttons except Start buttons, and has 4.8mm for those and the joysticks.

This option comes with two daisy-chains, a 4.8mm and a 2.8mm one.

So mixing the Goldleaf and Happ buttons in this way is easy. They also have identical appearance from the top of the panel.

Andy

That sounds great. Thanks for chiming in Andy. I’ll probably go down the Mini route with mixed harness then, but just one more thing before I do…

Sorry for the plethora of n00b questions but when you say the mixed harness has 4.8mm connections for start buttons and joysticks, is that only for start buttons and sticks or will there be enough connections for a 1p and 2p coin button and another, single button for pause/shifted-exit as well?

Basically, to clear up any confusion I may have caused, I’m planning on a 2 player CP. Each player will have 6 fire buttons – all leaf. As far as microswitch buttons go there will also be a start and coin button per player and a 5th button for pause/exit etc. And obviously a ServoStik per player too. So, can the I-PAC Mini and mixed harness deal with that setup?

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 07:46:52 am »
IPACs have shifted keys, so you don't need dedicated buttons for coin, pause, exit, etc. If you decide to use dedicated buttons the ipac and minipac have 32 inputs (16 per player) and you can program what each input does with the IPAC software.

To answer the other question you don't want to ask, an 8way stick still only uses 4 inputs, the corners just activate 2 inputs at the same time. Most of your questions are answered on the product pages at ultimarc.com

DoTheDonkeyKonga

• Offline Offline
  • Butterfly
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 08:08:54 am »
IPACs have shifted keys, so you don't need dedicated buttons for coin, pause, exit, etc. If you decide to use dedicated buttons the ipac and minipac have 32 inputs (16 per player) and you can program what each input does with the IPAC software.

I know about shifted keys and I know how many inputs the Minipac has. My question is about how many connections of each size the mixed harness Andy mentioned has.

To answer the other question you don't want to ask, an 8way stick still only uses 4 inputs, the corners just activate 2 inputs at the same time. Most of your questions are answered on the product pages at ultimarc.com

Not sure what you mean by "the other question you don't want to ask". I haven't asked that particular question because I already know the answer to it. Therefore I didn't need to ask it. As for your statement about most of my questions being answered on the Ultimarc product pages I beg to differ. Yes, I misread (or at least misunderstood) about the ServoStik connecting via USB and I hold my hands up to that one, but I can't find anywhere where my other questions are explicitly answered. If I could I wouldn't be asking them. Maybe the answers are implicit to someone with your knowledge of this hobby but I'm new to this.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 08:23:47 am »
Tbh regarding this wiring harness you are best contacting Andy directly to find out how many of each type you get.

DoTheDonkeyKonga

• Offline Offline
  • Butterfly
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 09:11:33 am »
Tbh regarding this wiring harness you are best contacting Andy directly to find out how many of each type you get.

That’s a fair comment. I figured I’d ask here as if Andy chooses to answer on here this thread may help others with the same questions in the future. I’ll email him over at Ultimarc before I place any order though.

Thanks again.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 10:39:05 am »
Get as defensive as you want, I'm not here to spoon feed you.

As far as microswitch buttons go there will also be a start and coin button per player and a 5th button for pause/exit etc. And obviously a ServoStik per player too. So, can the I-PAC Mini and mixed harness deal with that setup?

So Andy explicitly states the ground chain has 4.8mm QCs for the 4 joystick grounds and the start button ground for each player. I guess you want a number so "10" (5 per player). You can easily splice another ground, or ask andy to add additional 4.5s or just use leafs for coins.  You are over complicating the set up.

To answer your earlier question, I prefer the IPAC2 over the mini for the screw terminals over an old IDE cable plug.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:40:58 am by Malenko »

DoTheDonkeyKonga

• Offline Offline
  • Butterfly
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 12:05:06 pm »
So Andy explicitly states the ground chain has 4.8mm QCs for the 4 joystick grounds and the start button ground for each player. I guess you want a number so "10" (5 per player). You can easily splice another ground, or ask andy to add additional 4.5s or just use leafs for coins.  You are over complicating the set up.

Have you tried reading my questions before you answer them? Give it a go sometime, you might learn something.  I’m perfectly aware of what Andy explicitly stated. What I was asking was whether or not they were the only 4.8mm QCs or whether there were more available for extra buttons. Your point about using leaf for coins is a valid one and I’ll take it on board but honestly, your attitude comes off as elitist and intolerant.

To answer your earlier question, I prefer the IPAC2 over the mini for the screw terminals over an old IDE cable plug.

So you can answer a question courteously. See, wasn’t so hard was it? Thank you –I genuinely appreciate the answer and it makes sense.

I’m not here to be spoon fed. You appear to be taking life – and yourself – far too seriously. But whatever, I’m not here to give you life lessons.

Well I was excited to maybe begin becoming a member of the community surrounding this hobby. Half the fun of any hobby is its community in my opinion. Seems I’m not really welcome here though. Shame.

Thanks to those who have tried to help me in a courteous and tolerant manner. I’m taking my ball home now…

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 01:16:24 pm »
Have you tried reading my questions before you answer them? Give it a go sometime, you might learn something.  I’m perfectly aware of what Andy explicitly stated. What I was asking was whether or not they were the only 4.8mm QCs or whether there were more available for extra buttons
Have you tried reading the answer before asking the exact same question a second time? Give it a go sometime, you might learn something. You don't seem perfectly aware of what Andy stated or you wouldn't be asking if there were additional 4.8mm QCs.

My question is about how many connections of each size the mixed harness Andy mentioned has.

Seems I’m not really welcome here though. Shame.
Don't use me as an excuse to leave. Stay or go pound sand, I'm indifferent, name calling optional.

You are over complicating the set up.
I stand by my original statement.

I too can multiquote.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 01:24:27 pm by Malenko »

DoTheDonkeyKonga

• Offline Offline
  • Butterfly

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 04:40:21 pm »
I too can multiquote.

:applaud:

Malenko Gotta Malenko, bro. We wouldn't have him any other way.Just roll with it and keep on keepin' on.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 05:24:08 pm »
Welcome to the community buddy

Ime sure Lord Ark will introduce himself shortly.

I prefer the mini pac, because its quicker to install with the harness and is smaller.

The ipac 2 is better in terms of neatness though because you can easily route and terminate your wires the way you want.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 06:35:08 pm »
Fly free, butterfly. Fly freeeeeeee

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2022, 06:36:45 pm
  • I effed with the wrong person!
    • No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 09:41:51 pm »
Well I was excited to maybe begin becoming a member of the community surrounding this hobby. Half the fun of any hobby is its community in my opinion. Seems I’m not really welcome here though. Shame.
You have a point, but the passive-aggressiveness is over-shadowing it. Also be advised that there's really only a handful of trolls (regardless of arcade knowledge, trolling is trolling) here who fancy themselves the Dutch Uncle only those who are stout of spine can handle. The majority of folks here are both knowledgeable and lack the craving for the odd ego boost, even if many of them do occasionally suck up to the insecure cowards. Even if you're leaving, please do your part to not feed the trolls in your future endeavors. They do get off on the "I guess I'm not welcome here" routine.
No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP

DoTheDonkeyKonga

• Offline Offline
  • Butterfly
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 06:33:23 am »
Passive aggressiveness was never my intention, though I appreciate how that may have come across. I was merely telling the truth. Malenko’s out-of-the-gate attacks were unnecessary but in isolation wouldn’t have bothered me much. The fact though that other members of the community have chimed in with comments like; “Malenko Gotta Malenko, bro. We wouldn't have him any other way” translate to me as; “though we may not condone this behaviour we nevertheless accept it”. I appreciate the sentiment behind that particular comment was, I think, a positive one and I’m not trying to start yet another argument nor cause any offence to yotsuya. It’s telling however that Malenko feels emboldened enough to PM me asking if I want him to “troll [me] in full ---uvula--- mode”. And the less said about opt2not’s childishness the better!

Trolls exist in every walk of life. I get it. But when a community allows them to exist largely unchallenged then they unfortunately become representative of that community. At least in my opinion. You are of course entitled to yours and I respect it may be different.

Anyway, this has gone way off course and gathered far more steam than is necessary so I’ll leave it alone now.

For the record I genuinely appreciate the help and advice those others of you have given me. I’m not lumping you in with Malenko et al. :cheers:

I take your point about not feeding them. I’m not going anywhere. I just probably won’t be posting asking for any help or advice any time soon. If what little knowledge I have – or any I may gain as I work on my build – can help another apparently thin-skinned newb butterfly then I’ll pitch in where I can.

Peace and thank you again,
Papillon :D

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:33:13 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2017, 07:24:34 am »
Maybe if someone doesn't want to answer a question they could just refrain from doing so? :dunno

I am not sure what is accomplished by ripping someone for asking questions.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2017, 07:48:52 am »

It’s telling however that Malenko feels emboldened enough to PM me asking if I want him to “troll [me] in full ---uvula--- mode”.

Context is everything. I was always told to take it to PM instead of clogging the board with drama. You seem to prefer to want it out there, so I'll be your huckleberry.
I said I hadn't been trolling you and asked you what your problem was, and you reply by calling me a bully and saying "I want nothing more to do with you or any of your sycophantic lackeys."
So, you're telling me Howard_Casto is seeking my approval? lol.

This is a dying hobby on a dying board. Both fluff and fervor are fairly meaningless here. No one is important, except maybe PBJ.  You want to play the victim and that's fine , you want to paint me in as the bully, that's fine too. In the end, the only thing that anyone cares about in the slightest are the projects you post up. Builds, restores, art, tutorials, products,etc thats what really defines what people think of you.

I'm still blissfully unaware what I typed to put you in this mood.

Thomas aka Malenko

PS: Malenko gotta Malenko doesn't have any sort of menacing undertone. It just means I am me and I don't change to suit others.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:31:22 am by Malenko »

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
A Couple of Questions About ServoStiks, I-PACs and Wiring...
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2017, 11:06:11 am »
Maybe if someone doesn't want to answer a question they could just refrain from doing so? :dunno

I am not sure what is accomplished by ripping someone for asking questions.

I am not sure what is accomplished by ripping someone for answering questions.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 11:20:33 am by yotsuya »

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2017, 11:12:38 am »
Agreed. A little more civility both ways is probably in order. I was too confrontational when I started here. There is no reason for it. People in general need to be better to one another.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2017, 11:31:01 am »
Agreed. A little more civility both ways is probably in order. I was too confrontational when I started here. There is no reason for it. People in general need to be better to one another.

Well said Mike.   :cheers:

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2017, 12:25:52 pm »
You want to be "part of this community"? You should stick around longer to get acquainted with the personalities here. Someone new to the forum shouldn't be coming in and trying to lecture the members who've been here for YEARS and have contributed to this hobby, helped on many projects, even generated RL friendships.

Malenko tried to help you out, you reacted like an entitled brat and responded with some condescending BS because you couldn't understand the answer you were given. You're still condescending.

My bet is you'll stick around here long enough to build your project, leech some information and ideas, then peace out.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2017, 12:55:49 pm »
I value the knowledge and experience of many of the members here. None of that knowledge or experience excuses a lack of basic decency. I have been guilty of unwarranted hostility myself. I try to reign it in. Treat others with kindness even if it isn't immediately returned. We will all be better for it.

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2017, 03:36:15 pm »
^sure, but it goes both ways.

To recap, Mal tried to give some good advice here, pointed out the OP's misconception, OP acknowledged, asked a question about the IPAC2.

Thanks Malenko. I read the description wrong on Ultimarc. Good shout! Out of curiosity why do you recommend the I-PAC2 over the I-PAC Mini? They supposedly have the same number of connections.

Mal responded to why he prefers the IPAC, then perhaps tried to be a bit more helpful...

Which the OP turned into a defensive pissing match:

I know about shifted keys and I know how many inputs the Minipac has. My question is about how many connections of each size the mixed harness Andy mentioned has.

Not sure what you mean by "the other question you don't want to ask". I haven't asked that particular question because I already know the answer to it. Therefore I didn't need to ask it. As for your statement about most of my questions being answered on the Ultimarc product pages I beg to differ. Yes, I misread (or at least misunderstood) about the ServoStik connecting via USB and I hold my hands up to that one, but I can't find anywhere where my other questions are explicitly answered. If I could I wouldn't be asking them. Maybe the answers are implicit to someone with your knowledge of this hobby but I'm new to this.

Then it spirals really fast. OP throws out some real condescending shade here, gets all pissy and starts claiming he's not welcome. 

Have you tried reading my questions before you answer them? Give it a go sometime, you might learn something.  I’m perfectly aware of what Andy explicitly stated. What I was asking was whether or not they were the only 4.8mm QCs or whether there were more available for extra buttons. Your point about using leaf for coins is a valid one and I’ll take it on board but honestly, your attitude comes off as elitist and intolerant.

So you can answer a question courteously. See, wasn’t so hard was it? Thank you –I genuinely appreciate the answer and it makes sense.

I’m not here to be spoon fed. You appear to be taking life – and yourself – far too seriously. But whatever, I’m not here to give you life lessons.

Thanks to those who have tried to help me in a courteous and tolerant manner. I’m taking my ball home now…

I mean come on, how are people supposed to deal with these newbies?  Courteously? I personally don't have the patience for people that fly off the handle at a drop of a hat.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2017, 04:03:27 pm »
I am not sure why suggesting courtesy is so outrageous.

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2017, 04:18:39 pm »
Where do you draw the line though?

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2017, 04:22:11 pm »
If someone is outright hostile than just disengage. I learned that and it has served me well. I had a few tangles with a member here. Once I decided not to engage, my experience here improved.

DoTheDonkeyKonga

• Offline Offline
  • Butterfly
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2017, 07:16:54 pm »
^sure, but it goes both ways.

To recap, Mal tried to give some good advice here, pointed out the OP's misconception, OP acknowledged, asked a question about the IPAC2.

Mal responded to why he prefers the IPAC, then perhaps tried to be a bit more helpful...

Which the OP turned into a defensive pissing match:

Then it spirals really fast. OP throws out some real condescending shade here, gets all pissy and starts claiming he's not welcome. 

I mean come on, how are people supposed to deal with these newbies?  Courteously? I personally don't have the patience for people that fly off the handle at a drop of a hat.

Okay fair enough. I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong and I probably... no, definitely... overreacted and ended up being a dick about it. Malenko's comment about most of my questions being answered on the ultimarc pages, preceded as it was by his assumption of what unasked questions I had frankly came off as a bit RTFM, which I found condescending to say the least. That's what got my back up. Whether or not it was meant that way only Malenko knows but that's definitely the way it read to me. He didn't say much to disabuse me of that notion thereafter either.

Still, for my part in this and for what it's worth, I apologise. Sincerely.

Lessons to be learned on all sides perhaps?

I'm with Mike A on this. Universal civility is the way to go.

Let's face it; there are far worse issues in the world and there are far worse people than either myself and Malenko... probably ;)

Let's let it fade into the past.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2017, 07:29:12 pm »
Stick around. You will learn a lot. :cheers:

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2017, 08:32:19 pm »
Good question. Civility means different things to different people. For example, I don't care too much about harsh language one way or another, but I consider dishonesty to be the height of rudeness. Unfortunately, the latter is accepted and sometimes even encouraged here.

Malenko feels emboldened enough to PM me asking if I want him to “troll [me] in full ---uvula--- mode”.
That's adorable! Few things are as cute as a grown man shaking his virtual fist in impotent rage. (about that context - you might want to rethink how that helps)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 08:50:54 pm by DrakeTungsten »

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2017, 08:38:25 pm »
Good question. Civility means different things to different people. For example, I don't care too much about harsh language one way or another, but I consider dishonesty to be the height of rudeness. Unfortunately, the latter is accepted and sometimes even encouraged here.

Malenko feels emboldened enough to PM me asking if I want him to “troll [me] in full ---uvula--- mode”.
That's adorable! Few things are as cute as a grown man shaking his virtual fist in impotent rage.

He said let it go. Why are you fanning the flames?

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2017, 08:45:53 pm »
Stick around. You will learn a lot. :cheers:
Unfortunately, it seems he's learning who to submit to. Also unfortunately, it will actually ease his interactions with the cool kids and their hangers-on. So as a matter of practicality, good job on teaching this lesson folks.

the only thing that anyone cares about in the slightest are the projects you post up. Builds, restores, art, tutorials, products,etc thats what really defines what people think of you.
A premise which mal and opt2not shot to hell in this very thread. The lies people have to tell themselves...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 09:00:05 pm by DrakeTungsten »

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2017, 10:02:50 pm »

Okay fair enough. I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong and I probably... no, definitely... overreacted and ended up being a dick about it.

We both could have probably handled it better. No worries, if you need any more help ask away.  :cheers:
I'm sorry that you took what I said the way you did and that we ended up where we did. I'll do what I can to be sure it doesnt happen again.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:07:04 pm by Malenko »

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2017, 10:06:32 pm »

Okay fair enough. I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong and I probably... no, definitely... overreacted and ended up being a dick about it.

We both could have probably handled it better. No worries, if you need any more help ask away.  :cheers:

I also should not have jumped on here with my childish comments. My apologies, and I hope you enjoy the build you're planning and share it with all of us.  :cheers: