Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JVL Retro touchscreen repair  (Read 2861 times)

oldgrandpainmi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2020, 08:48:17 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
JVL Retro touchscreen repair
« on: July 09, 2020, 11:10:03 am »
Hello all.
Although I'm a newbie here, I have been a tech for 33 years.
I am attempting to remove the touchscreen from a JVL Retro but I am unable to figure out how the covers come off.
I've loosened several nuts and tried the latch which is to the left for the coin mech, but none of the covers seem to come loose.
I have been on YouTube and surfed the web with no success.

Anybody out there able to explain how the plastics are removed to allow the touchscreen/display to be removed?
Thanks in advance
Bruce

Megatouchmike

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2024, 10:47:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: JVL Retro touchscreen repair
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 04:49:06 pm »
The entire screen comes down including the bezel. Some of screens get stuck from crud buildup.  Usually I hit the latch and use a pencil eraser to push on the back of the screen.  Sometimes need a plastic spudger to help pop out the screen from the front.