Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New Tapper Record  (Read 1252 times)

Ian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
New Tapper Record
« on: July 20, 2017, 09:43:25 pm »
Wow... very cool. Angry that no matter how many times I play classic arcade games, I can always get to a point where I am pretty good at the game but that's it. Tapper is one of those games. I can routinely get in the 45,000 point range and that is it. Here she shows up and beats the game a mere two years of playing.

"Would you expect a yoga instructor to kick this much butt at a video game?

Lauren Featherstone has never played an arcade game before, until 2 years ago she tried the classic game “Tapper” Most kids today haven’t even heard of the game"...... (check the link below)

http://amp1037.cbslocal.com/2017/07/19/plano-woman-sets-new-world-record-for-highest-score-on-tapper-arcade-game/
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

gildahl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 04:04:16 pm
Re: New Tapper Record
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 02:49:07 pm »
I've never really mastered any of the classic arcade games, but based on console versions that I have mastered, I've always assumed that to break a game (short of a cheat) you've got to find it's weakness.  That weakness might be a pattern that can be memorized (or be well characterized), a "trick" or style of playing that isn't obvious but simplifies gameplay, or some scoring technique that proliferates lives excessively.  I suppose becoming "one with the machine" is another method--but I've always assumed that was cheating.

realtaylor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2023, 08:01:40 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: New Tapper Record
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 04:57:29 am »
Holy crap! I'm usually done by the 3rd or 4th screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk