Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rockola Max 477  (Read 2070 times)

MO Hillbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2017, 12:20:16 am
  • Interest in Jukeboxes.
Rockola Max 477
« on: July 20, 2017, 12:20:01 am »
Hi All:
Needing some advice on my Rockola 477.  It puts the record on the turntable, but will not reject.  It feels like the gripper motor has run out to its limit after the record is placed down on the turntable.  The record will not cancel with the cancel switch, nor the tone arm switch.  I've switched out the mech board, too, with no change.  If I manually take the record back to the magazine by manually spinning back to gripper motor, if will simply go back to the turntable after powering up.  I can't get beyond this problem.  Thanks for your ideas.

MO Hillbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2017, 12:20:16 am
  • Interest in Jukeboxes.
Re: Rockola Max 477
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 01:24:47 pm »
Anyone?  Could sure use some advice.  Thanks. ???

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Rockola Max 477
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 11:23:05 am »
not 100% on this mechanism setup, but it sounds like a misadjusted or faulty switch (or wire).

I'm thinking it likely has a switch that senses when the arm is up or down positions. i have a feeling this is where your fault is going to be... either with the switch itself... it's adjustment... or the wires coming from it.

run the mechanism and watch how it goes. verify with a meter that switches are opening open and closed when they should.