Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Servostik, LEDBlinky, Mame, and Pinballx  (Read 1650 times)

Spotlight Displays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2024, 12:05:19 pm
Servostik, LEDBlinky, Mame, and Pinballx
« on: July 17, 2017, 03:23:17 pm »
Hey guys, I recently installed a Servostik. It works great using the Joytray software which you need to use the F4 F8 to switch to ether 4 way or 8 way.

I would like it to switch automatically when the games are selected in Pinballx so I installed LEDBlinky. I was told by the developer of LEDBlinky (Great Guy!) that I needed to have Mame in the address where Pinballx calls on Mame games.

I went into Pinballx settings where you can assign "Other Systems" settings. The current folder is called Arcade. I switched it to Arcade/Mame and put the xml file that was currently residing in the Arcade folder into the new Mame Folder.

If I go into game manager all the Mame games are listed but the wheel art wasn't showing. I went into the media folder and copied all the files into the new Arcade/Mame folder and the wheel art is now present.

The problem is the games will not load when launching Pinballx. So something else needs to be updated and I don't know what that is?

I need to know when you add a game in Pinballx, what files are effected/created?

I'm pretty sure if go and delete the old xml file and add all the games in the new Arcade/Mame folder it would probably work, but that would be a huge job.

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight Displays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2024, 12:05:19 pm
Re: Servostik, LEDBlinky, Mame, and Pinballx
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 03:42:55 pm »
Fixed!!! PinballX does not like / symbol. I changed the path to Arcade_mame and it worked. PinballX doesn't like - Arcade-Mame does not work.

LEDBlinky needs the path for the Mame games to have Mame in the path or I should say name/folder in Pinballx settings for other systems.

The Servostik now changes on its own depending on the game selected on the pinballx front end. So Food Fight switches to 8-way and Pacman switches to 4-way.

It Works Great!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk