Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to configure USB Joystick for MAme4All frontend?  (Read 1458 times)

Marconi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2017, 12:18:49 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
How to configure USB Joystick for MAme4All frontend?
« on: July 16, 2017, 11:40:15 am »
I have got most things up and running with a Raspberry PI and a USB joystick controller for making my own cabinet, but,

Only one thing left, I want to be able to select games using the "built in" frontend of Mame4all. I have searched everywhere but cannot find the syntax of the J_ entries in the mame.cfg file. It reads like this, and by changing J_A=0 to any other number 0-9 I can get any of my keys or joystick movements to start a highlighted game.

Buy, what is the syntax for moving up and down in the menu? I would have guessed J_UP and J_DOWN, but this is not the case...

Strange that the syntax is not explained anywhere, it probably is, but I cant find it. Anyone that can help? I know there are other frontends, but I prefer to configure this one.

#Joystick controls for frontend only
J_START=7
J_SELECT=6
J_A=0
AXIS_LR=0
AXIS_UD=1

ark_ader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
Re: How to configure USB Joystick for MAme4All frontend?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 02:28:32 am »
I have got most things up and running with a Raspberry PI and a USB joystick controller for making my own cabinet, but,

Only one thing left, I want to be able to select games using the "built in" frontend of Mame4all. I have searched everywhere but cannot find the syntax of the J_ entries in the mame.cfg file. It reads like this, and by changing J_A=0 to any other number 0-9 I can get any of my keys or joystick movements to start a highlighted game.

Buy, what is the syntax for moving up and down in the menu? I would have guessed J_UP and J_DOWN, but this is not the case...

Strange that the syntax is not explained anywhere, it probably is, but I cant find it. Anyone that can help? I know there are other frontends, but I prefer to configure this one.

#Joystick controls for frontend only
J_START=7
J_SELECT=6
J_A=0
AXIS_LR=0
AXIS_UD=1

How does the Joystick respond when you use Retropie?
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.