Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe Jukebox R84-R88 Module/Board Interchangeabilty/Record Return Failure  (Read 2541 times)

MO Hillbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 05, 2017, 12:20:16 am
  • Interest in Jukeboxes.
Hi:
New guy here.  First post.  Really exciting forum!  I have recently acquired a somewhat working Rowe R84 jukebox.  It will select, place the record on the turntable, but when it gets ready to replace the record to the magazine, it will start to do so and then immediately stop?  Anything elementary to look for with this issue?

Also, with this "project box", I have some extra boards/modules  a 6-08871-04 Computer Control Center (CCC) board and a 4-07221-05 Mechanism Control module.  Will these interchange with the original 6-08870-01 (CCC) board and the 4-07221-01 Mech Control modules?  Are there any general thoughts on Rowe module/board interchanging?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Rowe is weird with their part numbers. sometimes they will change a part number for just a simple revision change. while other times won't change it at all and you have to go by revision versions for upward/downward only model compatibility... and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, nor any documentation laying it out.

generally Rowe keeps their parts pretty straight. if the part is that same part with a slightly different part number but is still pin compatible, generally that part will work and the part was changed slightly to accommodate a newer model. possibly additional mounting hole or an additional connector or feature. possibly reworking the entire thing making it only forwards compatible with the machine it's made for and newer.

Still, it's really hard to know 100% and people often just stick with what's there and matching existing part numbers for replacements.

MO Hillbilly

• Offline Offline
  • Interest in Jukeboxes.
Thanks Lilshawn.  Good info.   

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Hi Mo Hillbilly,

Welcome to the forum.

More than likely the fault will be on the Mechanism Control or the molex plug connections on P205, P206 or P207.

As lilishaw has stated it is normally the revision numbers that are changed and these usually cause little if no problems. The Mechanism Control if it is a -05 revision could give you some issues, it has trimmers onthe home and index circuits and was meant to be used with the red plugged opto switch for the R-89 to R-94 jukeboxes.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

MO Hillbilly

• Offline Offline
  • Interest in Jukeboxes.
Alan:
Thank you so much for this information.  I'll do some looking at thise areas and see if I can get this thing going.  Haven't made it to the amp or disco lighting yet.  It is darn near a "basket case"....lol. Great info!