Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pandora's Box 4s display issue  (Read 4967 times)

gms1975

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2022, 09:45:05 am
Pandora's Box 4s display issue
« on: July 10, 2017, 05:09:22 pm »
I have built several cabinets using the Pandora's Box 3 and 4 with no issues (using 19" Dell Ultrasharp 1280 x 1024).  I bought the new 4s version and installed it into a cabinet with a widescreen monitor and had not issues.  When I tried installing it into a cabinet with one of the standard ratio Dells, it gave me the following message:  "Cannot Display This Video Mode Optimum resolution 1280 x 1024 60Hz".  You can still hear the games if you start it up.  I tried several of my standard Dell monitors and got the same message.  I tried different boards and they do the same thing.  Have they changed something with the 4s that makes it not compatible? 

SuperGojira2001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2017, 05:14:53 pm
  • Trying to learn...
Re: Pandora's Box 4s display issue
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 05:47:42 pm »
Are the dip switch settings correct? Also I think the highest the PB can go up to is 720p via HDMI so that might be the issue maybe?  :dunno

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:55:20 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Pandora's Box 4s display issue
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 12:25:24 pm »
that is your monitor displaying that message not the game.

hook it up to your know working monitor and see if it has an information panel that tells you the frequency and resolution. maybe it's a little out of spec for the dells. I know dell and ibm/lenovo monitors can be picky about their video input... for instance the 60 in 1 boards don't work particularly well with them and the image is way off to one side.