Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need help fixing my Rowe AMI rI.5 Romantica  (Read 2363 times)

KaptanH0WDY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 07, 2017, 08:15:00 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Need help fixing my Rowe AMI rI.5 Romantica
« on: July 06, 2017, 03:26:53 pm »
I recently purchased an old jukebox and need some help from people more knowledgeable than me to get it working again. I downloaded the manual for it but it reads like Latin to me. I know I need some kind of power box to attach all the wires that are loose that you can see in the third photo. I just don't know exactly what I need or where to get it. I also see a loose green wire in the second photo that I think attaches to the left of the circuit board but I'd like if someone could confirm before I go around messing with it.

I'm a swing dancer and am picturing some nice sock hops I could host with a full size jukebox. I would love to see this up and running again and appreciate any help I can get.

KaptanH0WDY

• Offline Offline
Re: Need help fixing my Rowe AMI rI.5 Romantica
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 02:37:48 pm »
Okay I got an email back with which part I need. I need the Mechanism Control Board. Right now I'm not getting power to my turntable or Central Control Computer. Does anyone know if this will provide power to everything? Right now when plugged in, the lights turn on and I hear the speakers pop but nothing else.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:40:39 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 04:07:49 pm »
the green wires are just for the grounds. All metal parts on the jukebox should have a green wire grounding them just in case of an electrical fault. that way you don't end up with metal parts with deadly mains voltage on them.

looks like someone indeed robbed the mechanism control board out of it. without knowing more it's hard to say what else might be wrong with it.

replacing the control board is a huge step in the right direction and for sure won't work without it....install the board, power it up, then go from there.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:09:35 pm by lilshawn »

KaptanH0WDY

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 08:10:08 pm »
Sounds good. I purchased the part I need and it'll be sent out on Monday. Here's hoping everything else works well!

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 10:06:56 am »
Hello KaptanHOWDY,

I was looking at your picture of the missing Mechanism Control and noted that the opto switch fitted has a red plug on it these were used on the R-89 upwards, you need one with the white plug.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK