Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HAPP trackball + IPAC2 hook-up = need adapter?  (Read 386 times)

gutterstuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
HAPP trackball + IPAC2 hook-up = need adapter?
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:30:20 am »
Hi Everyone,

I've just received my Happ trackball, and I'm wondering if anybody can help me with this problem. The plug on the trackball (a re purposed and refurbished Golden Tee ball) is different from what my IPAC2 is expecting.

About the project, I'm working on my first cab -- a Dreamcast inspired bartop with some similarities to the Re-Games models out of Singapore (below).

Here's a 3D render of my cab concept. The wheel and Virtual On joystick portion folds up into the front area. You can't see it terribly well, but the elevated area where the trackball is will look like the lid on a dreamcast, and the front usb plugs under the wheel will simulate (or actually be) a Dreamcast controller port set-up.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • 2013 UCA Awardee
Re: HAPP trackball + IPAC2 hook-up = need adapter?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:53:32 am »
I've just received my Happ trackball, and I'm wondering if anybody can help me with this problem. The plug on the trackball (a re purposed and refurbished Golden Tee ball) is different from what my IPAC2 is expecting.

Groovy Game Gear has the Trackball Cable for Opti-Wiz™ "No-Solder" cable that replaces the Molex harness you are holding in the pic and connects the two green optical boards (P/N A052-1010-00) to the Dupont pins on your I-PAC 2 I-PAC Ultimate I/O encoder.

What are the pinouts of the Optic Sensor pcb A052-1010-00 and A052-1011-00 used on the trackball or trackwheel or 360 steering wheel ?
These alll use the same Item # A052-1011-00 Optic Sensor Board. The connections are as follows.
Pin 1 - Output A
Pin 2 - +5V
Pin 3 - GND
Pin 4 - Output B

The image above shows the newer red optical boards (P/N A052-1011-00) and an Opti-Wiz, but the trackball cable will work the same way for your encoder -- just lift the tiny lever and pull the female ground pin out of the 5v/ground Dupont housing since 5v and ground aren't on adjacent pins.

Trackball pins are top center, just left of the LED power jack.
  5v to 5v.
  Gnd to G.
  X-axis data lines to X1 (purple) and X2 (blue) -- if the axis moves backward, swap the data lines
  Y-axis data lines to Y1 (yellow) and Y2 (green) -- if the axis moves backward, swap the data lines

Scott

gutterstuff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: HAPP trackball + IPAC2 hook-up = need adapter?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 04:17:52 pm »
Why did I call it an IPAC2? Hah -- thanks Scott. I appreciate the info.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31