Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HELP! Boot issue with my Megatouch Force Evo 2008  (Read 4306 times)

oldgamesrbetter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2017, 11:22:50 pm
  • You weak pathetic fool!
HELP! Boot issue with my Megatouch Force Evo 2008
« on: July 06, 2017, 09:41:45 am »
It's been a while since i've been here! Last time I was building a bartop around 2008 and finished it in 2009. Has it really been that long? Sheesh. Anyways.. here's a video of my problem this time:

I love this machine, but every time I start it up I have to wiggle this wire until it boots correctly. Anyone have a solution? Thanks!

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:10:40 pm
Re: HELP! Boot issue with my Megatouch Force Evo 2008
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:26:46 am »
Its looks like that is the power on jumper wire. I am not sure why it is turning of when it becomes loose. It basicly acts like a power button you would have in a computer tower. Its hard to tell but when it falls out, maybe the wire is exposed and it shorting out against a pin sticking out bottom of the IOboard. Thats all i got so far untill you take the board out so i can see whats going on in there.

Yeah that is J2 , its used to ground ps_on so that when the bios battery goes dead and the bios setting to turn on after power failure gets reset the machine will still turn on after power failure. Theres a few things you can do, but all require taking the board out.

1. replace the battery, its probably dead and connect a keyboard and reset the bios to always turn on after power loss
2. try to fix that connector so it makes a good connection and put some electrical tape over it if its shorting out against something.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:35:51 am by mahkeymike »

oldgamesrbetter

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2017, 11:22:50 pm
  • You weak pathetic fool!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 11:56:15 am »
You're the man. Thanks for all of the info.

I've replaced the motherboard before so I have no problem taking it out. It's just always had this issue with that darn cord.

I'll try replacing the battery and holding it together with electrical tape. Then i'll report back. Crossing my fingers.

EDIT:
Forgot to say. It was just recently I replaced the motherboard and it had a new battery. So I don't think it was that. Since the cord was doing this for both boards in the machine.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:59:02 am by oldgamesrbetter »

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:10:40 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 12:54:00 pm »
The thing is, i have removed that complete jumper wireing and never had problems as long as the battery is new and the bios is set to always power on after power failure. So if your battery was replaced, then take that wire completely out. You will have to manually touch the ps_on pin to gnd to get it to boot so you can get into the bios by tapping the del key on a keyboard.

orizzle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2020, 07:20:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 05:48:30 pm »
if you want to jury rig it, short the green wire on the power supply with ground