Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Get $75 store credit when you trade in a working laptop @ BestBuy  (Read 540 times)

SlammedNiss

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Mine Drags the Ground!
Don't know if anybody else has seen this, but you can trade in any working laptop for $75 store credit via a gift card plus a $75 coupon code towards the purchase of a Samsung Notebook 9 Pro. Took 2 old laptops I had lying around and got $150 in store credit today. My laptops were a Dell PP10S with an Intel Celeron running WinXp Pro and a Toshiba A205-S4577 with an AMD cpu and Win Vista, so they aren't overly picky on what you take, just as long as they boot to Windows. (although they didn't bother even powering mine on)

So if you have some old hardware lying around that you don't know what to do with, take it in and get something out of it.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10314140-bestbuy-get-a-minimum-75-best-buy-gift-card-with-trade-in-of-working-laptop-b-m
Need arcade button decals? Click Here!

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • 8 Bit...16 Shy
Re: Get $75 store credit when you trade in a working laptop @ BestBuy
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 10:35:40 am »
They don't seem to want any of my old Gateway Pentium laptops.   :lol

Thanks for posting though.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Technician
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 11:08:58 am »
I'm NOT going to take the offer. I'm perfectly happy with my Win 98 and Win Vista laptops which I use every day. They run perfectly fine and do what I need them to do.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 01:54:20 pm »
I'm NOT going to take the offer. I'm perfectly happy with my Win 98 and Win Vista laptops which I use every day. They run perfectly fine and do what I need them to do.
Same here.  I have an old laptop which I use exclusively to burn EPROM chips.  I upgraded to an SSD and it's pretty fast for what I need it to do.

DeL
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

ark_ader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Present for you Grandfather...
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 01:55:50 pm »
So they will give me $75 for all my old 240x thinkpads?  I think I have 10 in the garage.  Do they need to work?
"I really do feel pity for those who go out of their way to perform a personal slight, than taking the effort in joining the conversation and creating some useful dialogue which would benefit the persons' perusal of this topic.  Yet where would we be without the persistant antagonist?"

SlammedNiss

• Offline Offline
  • Mine Drags the Ground!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 06:00:14 pm »
They don't seem to want any of my old Gateway Pentium laptops.   :lol

Thanks for posting though.

I've heard they also aren't accepting Compaq laptops either, but are accepting HP.

So they will give me $75 for all my old 240x thinkpads?  I think I have 10 in the garage.  Do they need to work?

There are "supposed" to, but the employee I traded my 2 into didn't bother even powering them on. Probably YMMV.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 04:35:01 pm »
It's supposed to be 1 per customer too. I'd say you got lucky. :-)
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

SlammedNiss

• Offline Offline
  • Mine Drags the Ground!
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 12:27:41 am »
It's supposed to be 1 per customer too. I'd say you got lucky. :-)

had my wife with me. Each of us traded one in.

On a related note, my own personal laptop died on me last night. Can't afford to purchase a new fancy laptop, so purchased a used motherboard off eBay this afternoon.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31