Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anybody have a supercharger for the 2600?  (Read 2136 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Anybody have a supercharger for the 2600?
« on: July 04, 2017, 09:27:30 pm »
Saw a Metal Jesus video about it today and it seems interesting.  I was wondering if anyone had one and if the homebrew scene was good for them.  I could see myself 3d printing a case for a cheap mp3 player loaded with all the games and mount it to the top of the unit. 

Locke141

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 06:00:00 am
  • Never grow up.
Re: Anybody have a supercharger for the 2600?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:47:17 pm »
That looks cool.

If you just want to play the games on the 2600 the Harmony Drive seems to support them. But the novelty of the device is definitely cool.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 05:59:16 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Anybody have a supercharger for the 2600?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 12:26:16 am »
It doesn't make any sense to me that the harmony will play supercharger games considering the supercharger is essentially a ram expansion kit.  If the harmony includes extra ram, ect. then that might explain why it is so expensive..... myself I would rather have a basic cart for a more affordable price. 

I really want to try my hand at doing a XXX in 1 cart for the 2600.  There are pcbs for blank carts for under 10 bucks, some with DuPont header pins so then all one would need is an eeprom, a dip switch array and something to program it with (I think an Arduino would work). 

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Anybody have a supercharger for the 2600?
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 02:28:33 am »
It doesn't make any sense to me that the harmony will play supercharger games considering the supercharger is essentially a ram expansion kit.  If the harmony includes extra ram, ect. then that might explain why it is so expensive..... myself I would rather have a basic cart for a more affordable price. 

I really want to try my hand at doing a XXX in 1 cart for the 2600.  There are pcbs for blank carts for under 10 bucks, some with DuPont header pins so then all one would need is an eeprom, a dip switch array and something to program it with (I think an Arduino would work).

While that would be cool, the Harmony Encore basically does all this already. I love mine.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 02:36:29 am by yotsuya »
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***